Thelifespot.net - take 2 (relaunch thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Still a work in progress, but i'm going to use this a sort of rolling feedback blog where I can update my progress as I go.

I'm going to stress now, I like the default blue of xenForo and will be sticking to it - but I plan on bringing in some more tasteful bits of orange into various places to give it a little bit of zaz.

thelifespot.net

ToDo List
  • Fix fugly quote box

Thanks man, I realize there isn't too much to review right now - got my first bunch of members today so everything is going well :)

I'm thinking of having a condensed "quick links" section at the top ready for when any expansion takes place and to help people find key places in the website. Thoughts?

lifespot.webp

Not sure if your aware of this but as a guest there's a large space between the members online block and login button by the sidebar area.

sidebar-gap.webp

Not sure if your aware of this but as a guest there's a large space between the members online block and login button by the sidebar area.

View attachment 43937
Hey Shelly, I'm the official Market Place Moderator on the forum so I thought I'd take the liberty of getting back to you upon this matter, although I hope Lee doesn't mind. I do see where you could see an error upon this, however, it is actually part of the theme. If you take a look at the left side as well, it does the same thing. I believe it's just a nice long layout with a small little catchy menu thrown in there that could seem to certain people as having an error with that spacing.

Hey Shelly, I'm the official Market Place Moderator on the forum so I thought I'd take the liberty of getting back to you upon this matter, although I hope Lee doesn't mind. I do see where you could see an error upon this, however, it is actually part of the theme. If you take a look at the left side as well, it does the same thing. I believe it's just a nice long layout with a small little catchy menu thrown in there that could seem to certain people as having an error with that spacing.

Ah I see. thanks for taking the time to explain. :)

Ah I see. thanks for taking the time to explain. :)
You're most welcome, if you have any trouble with the site and Lee isn't online, feel free to speak with me and I'll see if I can trouble shoot or recreate the problem for quicker results when he does get online.

View attachment 43937

Actually, it was a little glitch with adsense. I think it should be fixed now. :)

Huh, didn't know that. Can you send me a PM on TLS.net please, Lee? I'd like to ask about something regarding the design that I believe is relevant to Shelley's concern.

Currently building a list of small business that people can browse through, so if anyone has anything to submit please let me know.

Just a for my own information really - I am currently redesigning the member profiles.

Watch this space. :)

upload_2013-6-12_11-4-50.webp

Sneaky preview of the theme so far. Any comments from anyone? (Ignore the broken images in the left sidebar.

I would still appreciate some opinions on the sidebar and how to improve that area in general. Bit of a block in my mind there.

The blue to the right seems to clash with the background color of the side bar. Just my 2 cents. Tried accessing the site but you're closed at the moment so just going off of the screen shot. :)

Just doing some backend stuff, and we only have a small amount of members so no biggy to shut up shop just right now for a little while, whilst I try out some new things. :)

Just upgraded to 1.2 as we only have a few members it didn't really matter per se.

Loving it so far, and was very easy to reapply my (limited) template modifications.

Back to working on the custom theme!

So, I took the time over the last 2 weeks to relaunch my website. Redesigned the theme (which I am very happy with, bar a few little tidy up jobs) - and redesigned the structure / focus of the forum.

We are primarily a lifestyle forum, with a place to talk and keep connected. We also offer mental health support and a shoulder to generally lean on.

If anyone would like to review, constructive criticism is welcome as I am always looking to improve.

Hope to see some of you there :)

http://www.thelifespot.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom