The WWE Forum (~500,000 post board)

JABRONI

The WWE Forum

Been around since 2012 in one way or another. Shut down in 2012, came back, merged with another board in 2013, relaunched it under a name change of The WWE Forum in January of 2014 & now it's where it's at now.

We run the UI.X skin by @Audentio & I've modified it to where it's at now. Very easy skin to work with & made the theme we run now possible.

General thoughts or feedback are appreciated.

Thanks!

Congratulations first on nearly half a million posts over the lifetime of your forum :)

I'm not a fan really of dark styles but if you're going to do this, your style is a really good example of how to do it properly. You've got just the right shade of background and general styling not to make it all too contrasty and it actually works well with my eyes. The quote styling is excellent and well done on not giving in to temptation and stuffing the area under the avatars with pointless information ;)

I also like the no-nonsense logo which helps it all look good when on a mobile - though I would remove the forums breadcrumb from the title page to save a bit of screen space and get to content quicker (also on the recent posts page).

Congratulations first on nearly half a million posts over the lifetime of your forum :)

I'm not a fan really of dark styles but if you're going to do this, your style is a really good example of how to do it properly. You've got just the right shade of background and general styling not to make it all too contrasty and it actually works well with my eyes. The quote styling is excellent and well done on not giving in to temptation and stuffing the area under the avatars with pointless information ;)

I also like the no-nonsense logo which helps it all look good when on a mobile - though I would remove the forums breadcrumb from the title page to save a bit of screen space and get to content quicker (also on the recent posts page).

Thanks for the kind words, man. The current skin has been a work in progress for pretty much over a year. It started out a lot darker & a lot less polished, but as I got better at it, so did the skin.

I will definitely look into removing the breadcrumb on the front page & see how that works out for a bit. I guess when thinking about it, there is no need for it until you dive deeper into the forums.

Nice confessional add-on ;)

Yeah man, loving it so far. Of course I had to ban a few people who wanted to just spam it & fill it with garbage, but with proper moderation, it's actually really cool & I found a good way to integrate it into my community.

Dude that site is hard to look at with that color scheme, but you have great numbers!

Would be awesome to see some custom node icons, like a turnbuckle or little championship belts. Maybe consider having a "ladies of wrestling" section, where....uh....you know, the babes are posted. If google adsense ever kicks you off, I'll buy your ads spots to make up for it LOL

You could have a contest where people make fansigns for your site, or they hold up a sign with your website name while they're at a wrestling event.

You could get cool shirts and stickers made...the whole 9 yards!!

Consider going with a lighter background and text that's easier to read and I think your numbers would grow even faster.

Do you have a lot of premium members?

And...Keep up the great work!!

Last edited:
Yeah man, loving it so far. Of course I had to ban a few people who wanted to just spam it & fill it with garbage, but with proper moderation, it's actually really cool & I found a good way to integrate it into my community.
Thank you :)

In the next release, we will try to include a moderation system.

Maybe consider having a "ladies of wrestling" section, where....uh....you know, the babes are posted. If google adsense ever kicks you off, I'll buy your ads spots to make up for it LOL

https://www.thewweforum.com/forums/women-of-wrestling.70/ :)

Consider going with a lighter background and text that's easier to read and I think your numbers would grow even faster.

I actually considered a light skin altogether, but a vast majority of the community wants a dark skin. It's actually the lightest dark that the skin has ever been, if you can imagine if being darker.

You could get cool shirts and stickers made...the whole 9 yards!!

Yeah, I've thought about this. I just have to find a way around the WWE trademark, because they're very quick to take down anything that even relates to them. I guess being a public company, it's gotta be like that.

Do you have a lot of premium members?

We have a pretty good amount w/ a good amount of those people buying the year long membership option that I added a few months ago.

In the next release, we will try to include a moderation system.

That would be cool. Right now I just take away individual permissions, but that would probably be easier.

Made some small changes on the forum. Condensed a lot of it down into very key sections & took advantage of the prefixes. I believe that more sites should do this.

I had to turn off the Confessionals add-on, because it broke my New Posts side widget on the new update, but hopefully that gets fixed soon & I can re-activate it.

Made some small changes on the forum. Condensed a lot of it down into very key sections & took advantage of the prefixes. I believe that more sites should do this.

I had to turn off the Confessionals add-on, because it broke my New Posts side widget on the new update, but hopefully that gets fixed soon & I can re-activate it.

Looks good. Been a bit since I last visited. You've grown a lot. Congrats!

Sure, as you can see other sections use the full width, but the ad section has a lot of blank space to the left and right of it.

The WWE Forum 2015-09-21 01-57-11.webp

Decided to take the initiative and add an "emotions" system using @Luke F's post ratings addon. If you guys haven't heard, Facebook will be doing the same here soon. I feel like the connection between the two might make it easier for people who use Facebook to fall into our community.

I used the emojis from Twitter's open source emojis they have since more people will be used to these. I believe Facebook will also be using something very similar to those emojis.

https://www.thewweforum.com/threads/new-emotions-system.19154/

Top Bottom