The Voice Internet Radio [Feedback Welcome]

Trombones13

Since I've done some restructuring and have grown a bit since asking for help with my logo/skin before, I figure I'll start a general feedback thread here. And everyone else is doing it, sooo... :P

The Voice Internet Radio is a forum for music news and discussion. First, there's an internet radio station that plays a mixture of genres (majority is pop/rock) and gives listeners several options to impact what we play, through requests on the forum and through Twitter, discussion of songs we play on the forum, and the ability to suggest new music to be added to the playlist. Details on what's playing and how to listen are fixed at the bottom of the forum (which I think will encourage forum browsers to tune in to the station as well--that's a new change from having it in the header). On the forum, there are several forums for music discussion, currently segmented by genre (I've thought about switching that up, so feedback is welcome there), a forum for posting personal charts of your favorite music, other music discussion (i.e. where to get free, legal music or our Face-Off section, used for Fan Favorite polls and other debates/opinions), and an off-topic forum, of course. In addition, I've made a few pages, such as our Monthly Picks playlist, that add more content to the site.

The site currently uses several add-ons, including XenMoods, XenMedio, XenAtendo, and TaigaChat. We're planning on another custom modification soon that will allow listeners to rate songs that are played on the station on popularity and freshness.

Also, if you have any questions, let me know--I'm working on a FAQ, but it hasn't been publicly posted yet, so if there's anything you'd like to know that I haven't already included, I can add that to the FAQ before I post it up.

Thanks for reading this overly-long post and for checking out the site! :) Feedback is obviously welcome and will be considered.

Nice and clean :)

The "shadow text on chrome" for the selected navbar is too much tho

gg.webp

see the white parts in the word Forums :)

I love - no - I adore, this site. The subject, the style, the exuberant spirit of the owner of the site... all spills over into the ambiance of the site which makes it a joy to visit.
So far, I've done so only as a guest, but I shall join eventually. ;)

Great job done with the site Kurt (and the team). I would suggest to use a portal of some sort. Maybe Wordpress integration, would get more attention to the site. The Voice Radio is my new addiction :D

Great job done with the site Kurt (and the team). I would suggest to use a portal of some sort. Maybe Wordpress integration, would get more attention to the site. The Voice Radio is my new addiction :D
Good idea; I've thought about that before and may have to do that. :)

All right; I need some other opinions here. As I mentioned above, I've been thinking about combining all of the Artist/Song Discussion forums into two forums ("Artist Discussion" and "Playlist Discussion"), basically removing the genre distinctions. Do you think that would affect search results in any way (and to be honest, I'm not sure how I could tell that--it's not like we're getting a lot of hits anyway)? With the way genres are these days, not having particularly clear distinctions, I think I'd rather combine them to shrink the number of forums as well... Opinions/thoughts are appreciated. :)

Very nice site Kurt, I really dig that even though it took you a while, and you had to ask for help... you did your own style! Really makes a lot of difference, rather than having the exact same skin that everyone else has.

I haven't spent a lot of time on your site, but it looks like a fun place to be!

Portals... meh.. very 2002 imho .... and rarely offer anything of any value to a site in my experience, I never bother even looking at them, or if a link takes me to a portal I am instantly looking for the forums link...unless you are madly in love with the idea yourself, or have a truly new way of using a portal, I wouldn't bother with one. I am going to can my Wordpress front end (that I have done nothing with) in favour of static web pages soon, as I don't have time to keep it updated, and it really does nothing for my site other than provide a potential spamfest or cracking opportunity to low lives.

Love your site, love your enthusiasm, and the fact that you went through the styling process! Well Done Kurt!

Very nice site Kurt, I really dig that even though it took you a while, and you had to ask for help... you did your own style!
Ain't that the truth...? :p Thanks, Kim! :D
Kurt there is also a shadow on your "login" tab at the top yet the main bar its-self don't :)
Do you mean the shadow under "Log in or sign up?" If so, that's there by default, but I'll change the color of the box-shadow--see how that looks.
(EDIT: removed after discussing on Twitter :))
Good work Kurt! The color scheme gives it a nice 'feel' and the clean integration of features makes it a nice site to revisit time and time again. Keep up the good work! :D
Thanks a lot, Arny! :)

Also, I think I'm going to pass on the portal for now...I don't see the need for it and I do the same thing Kim does: pass right by it into the forum. I'll keep it in mind in the future, though.

Looks like imageshack isn't letting me view the image in your logo. I get a frog image saying "domain unregistered, please register at bit.ly/imageshack-domain to view" or something like that.

Attachments

• Untitled-3.webp
    Untitled-3.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom