1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 The uploaded file is too large for the server to process

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Jeffin, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

I've tried several times uploading a pdf file into the resources area but it always throws back the error: "The uploaded file is too large for the server to process". I've increased the upload limit for files from admin.php but it still shows this error. Is this something for which I should contact my hosting company?

Thank you.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That generally reflects the max_upload_size set in your PHP. You may be able to change it, but you should probably contact your host for guidance.
    Jeffin likes this.
  3. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

Thank you Mike. I'll contact them or I may end up messing something else. :)
  4. Kainzo

Kainzo Active Member

Can you state where in PHP it would normally be? I'm searching around now ;)
  5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

php.ini; the configuration file.
  6. Kainzo

Kainzo Active Member

Right, I guess I checked there and its the correct size =/ It's well over 33kb
  7. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

In php.ini
    ; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
    ; http://php.net/upload-max-filesize
    upload_max_filesize = 75M
  8. SoeHoe

SoeHoe Active Member

Add this to .htaccess

<IfModule mod_php5.c>
       php_value upload_max_filesize 40M
       php_value post_max_size 40M
  9. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Only works if you are using an HTTP server that recognizes .htaccess.... which nginx doesn't. Your solution is only good for those, whereas modifying the php.ini will work for any of them.
    SoeHoe and rwm1962 like this.