1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The United Kingdom

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mrGTB, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Ireland, is part of the United Kindom (UK) :)

"England" you mean. As in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales. Which all make up the United Kingdom.

2. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

When you're pedantic, they key thing is not to be wrong :p

"Ireland" is the Republic of Ireland

3. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Ireland still comes under UK Sovereign rule. It's still part of the United Kingdom. Seriously, the whole point of the IRA battles against Britain lasting many years was to try and make Ireland separate from the United Kingdom, under it's own rule and not part of the UK. ;)

4. RobParker

Erm no...

I'll leave this now before it gets more embarrassing

5. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

6. RobParker

You're confusing (The Republic of) Ireland with Northen Ireland. Ireland left the UK in 1922.

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This should help.

TheVisitors and Reeve of Shinra like this.
  8. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

I stand corrected about the "Republic of Ireland". Although, I meant Ireland, which is part of the UK. :D

Nice video Brogan. I was actually reading this about it before seeing the video. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13405416

Your correct in saying what you said about 1992.

9. RobParker

You're still wrong. Ireland is the constitutional name of the Republic of Ireland (or Eire in Irish). Northern Ireland is part of the UK, Ireland isn't.

Giving up yet? :p

Edit: I know I should let this go but you started of by correcting the guy and telling him he didn't know where he lived and then you've continued to be wrong/confused and continued to try and "correct" me whilst being completely wrong :p

10. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Yeah! I give up. But I still say Nothern Ireland is apart of Ireland. :LOL:

I think we better let this topic - get back on topic now.

11. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

:oops:

I'm finding it difficult to know if your trolling or if you're being serious. If you're being serious then you should probably consider brushing up on your British/Irish history. ;)

12. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Well if you watch the video again. Ireland "as in Northern Ireland" is still part of the UK if we're going get all technical about it here. So actually, nobody is wrong in that sense! ;)

Snap1.png

13. RobParker

There is no "Ireland as in Northern Ireland". Ireland is the official name of the Republic of Ireland, it's also the name of the island that contains Northern Ireland and Ireland (hence your confusion I assume). Whichever way you want to twist that, Ireland is not part of the UK. Part of the island of Ireland (Northern Ireland) is part of the UK, that doesn't make you right in any way, shape or form :p

14. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

mrGTB, please stop. I know you live in the UK and you are just showing your lack of listening during your years at being at school :p As has been pointed pointed out, Ireland = Republic of Ireland aka Eire, aka using the EURO for their currency. Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom and does not use the EURO. Christ, this is primary school stuff, are you really that dumb ?

Ingenious and Shelley like this.
  15. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

:eek:

You basically told me that I don't know where I live. You said I live in the UK because
    I live in the Republic of Ireland. ;)
    The Republic of Ireland is completely free from British rule. :)

16. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

Indeed it is. Dublin and County Wicklow are awesome places to visit on a side note. No red telephone boxes in sight and just plenty of Guinness.

Lisa, Shelley and Pereira like this.
  17. Reeve of Shinra

Reeve of Shinra Well-Known Member

Too bad the video didn't get into the relationship with the Denmark and other similar countries, that would get even more interesting!

alexD likes this.
  18. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

There maybe a relationship with other countries but the United Kingdom only consists of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Not even the Isle of Man, Guernsey or Jersey fall under the direct control of the United Kingdom. They each have their own governing bodies but the UK Government has guaranteed to defend them against enemies under old agreements.

19. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Forget "Republic of Ireland" and "Ireland" for a second here. Northern Ireland, which after all is Islands that choose to remain under UK rule belonging to Ireland prior to 1992 (are still labelled as being "N.Ireland"). So, technically Northern "Ireland", as in "Ireland" is correct like I said before. (y)

I know what your saying, but you could argue that technically some sections of Ireland belong to the UK, as is the case with N.Ireland.

20. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

No it is not. That is like saying countries under mainland Europe are part of country <insert whatever mainland European country>. It is not correct. Back to school for you. How embarrassing.

Shelley likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.