The Timestamp on the threads and posts is haywire !!

Learner

I don;t know, what is happening..
My server is set to my timezone, but yet it shows wrong times always..
the time on the thread posts and replies is always wrong, I asked my users and staff to make sure that they are in the same timezone as the server is, they all checked and set it the same ( just to be sure ) but the problem persists !!

What to do?
this is creating problems for me to diagnose the errors and other things !!

Now there is a new problem, well a message actually !!

whenever I select the new threads or a thread in th eforum I get a customary screenthat says the time !! :(

this is not professional !!
here is the screenie, of that page which opens up before the link that I clicked is displayed !!

xenforo error2.webp

Now there is a new problem, well a message actually !!

whenever I select the new threads or a thread in th eforum I get a customary screenthat says the time !! :(

this is not professional !!
here is the screenie, of that page which opens up before the link that I clicked is displayed !!

View attachment 30250

Yep. The purpose of that code is to show you the date and time so you can know if they are correct. You can remove the code when you are done looking.

And more ever, the time shown is not the forum time.. :(
It is still GMT and I have changed that long ago to my time area !!

If the date and time is wrong for your timezone then you need to ask your host or server admin to fix the server clock.

Thanks, I will get back to you on this :)
Wait !!

Is there some setting on cPanel for time ( I am from Windows side of expertise mate, so :( ) I ask everything..
Please don't mind !

in cpanel i don't think so...or i have never used it... in Whm you would be looking for ' server time ', if you don't have whm and don't have root access you need to ask you host to take care of this for you (the server time issue)

My server admin says that his server has GMT as its standard time clock and that I should also set my forums time as the same then me and my users will not face the problem as they would have set the local time setting for themselves.
I don't think so. You need to ask your host or server admin to fix the clock.

Shared hosting :D but very powerful and scalable !!
Are you on shared hosting or do you have your own server?

Hmmmm !! so youare on Windows hosting environment ??
in cpanel i don't think so...or i have never used it... in Whm you would be looking for ' server time ', if you don't have whm and don't have root access you need to ask you host to take care of this for you (the server time issue)

Top Bottom