The speed difference is amazing! This is the first time I actually notice a speed increase :D

ping came back with a IP with .122 on the end
tracert came back with the old ip
Which is to be expected..

Pretty zippy (y)

PHP page generation time is around 0.02s, and the server is hovering around a load of 0.05.

As Paul just said to me "You've obviously bought a duffer" :ROFLMAO:

so how does xenforo forum transfered to new server without closing it and not to loose a single post?
If I remember correctly, the server is site is based around a SVN set up so they can pull down data (including the database?) in a few clicks. Meaning they could replicate the live site on a new server without much hassle. I may be completely off, but I was planning a similar SVN based set up for my own site.

so how does xenforo forum transfered to new server without closing it and not to loose a single post?
  • Prepare new server environment
  • rsync PHP scripts etc. to new server
  • Close site on old server
  • Dump databases, transfer to new server and import
  • Open new server
  • Re-point DNS
  • Enable proxy on old server to point requests to old server through to new server
  • Profit!

The biggest benefit of course is enough resources available, and no sharing with other busy sites that you guys run.

Now, everybody, just buy a license to cover the cost for them =)

I have noticed a marked improvement. Before it was bordering on unusable on a 100mbit connection (in London) but now it is once again a pleasure to browse.

Can you do a traceroute to xenforo.com ?

Top Bottom