The server did not respond in time

Brax

Me and many of my forum members are getting this error when we try to post, preview and/or edit my forums. I've already put
Code:
$config['enableMail'] = 0;
into the config file but it's not helping. Many people are complaining of this so any help would be much appreciated.

It seems to be working again once I ran a check and repair on all db tables, even though the check said all tables were OK.

A note about turning off email notifications in the config file: This shuts off ALL email notifications, including account activation emails (if you have it enabled). This caused me a great amount of grief and stress as I had about two dozen people sign up that couldn't complete the process since they didn't get the activation email.

This caused me a great amount of grief and stress as I had about two dozen people sign up that couldn't complete the process since they didn't get the activation email.
2 dozen is alot .. sounds like you have a great forum !
Even worse would be if you had no registration problems.

"ran a check and repair on all db tables"
was that through phpmyadmin ?

FWIW I just got the same error message here several times and couldn't post the reply I wanted

Here is a screenshot of that reply..
I'm not sure what it was in my post but it just would not post no matter how many times I tried..
Maybe the same thing is happening on the OP's site?
Are the users who are getting the error able to make a smaller post, just like a few dots?.... like that?
You can see the part above the quote that I was able to post, the part below the quote was just not going to work.

izfrq.png

Old thread but I ran into the same issue Brandon. I had a member swearing up and down that if he tried to create a new thread or reply to one, it would spit out an error. I can't remember the exact error now but come to find out it was due to him copy/pasting his text from MS Word into the text field. Weird!

Top Bottom