1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Saddest Part, How Do You Cope?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by John L., Jan 20, 2011.

1. John L.

John L. Well-Known Member

You know what is the saddest part about XenForo for me? The fact that I can't really use it :(. Both of my major forums are vBulletin 4 upgraded and both run vBSEO. Both web sites are so integrated into the software that it makes it almost impossible to switch to another application:
    • One runs a script that that integrates vBulletin into a ban system for my gaming servers.
    • One has a complete review application running off of the vBulletin system (integrated via usergroups, permissions, and registered users).
    Is anyone else out there feeling the sting of having this great software available but unable to use it due to various circumstances that keep you latched on to a lackluster product? What are your reasons? And for those who actually bit the bullet and switched regardless, how has your decision impacted you?

2. Lu Kas

Lu Kas Active Member

im on phpbb and there is no phpbb importer, so im stuck on phpbb ... i hope there will be help soon

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can go via vB for now, which is what I'll be doing.

4. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

This really doesn't have much to do with the technical aspects of xf, though I do understand that these are agonizing issues each admin need to address.

I've moved it to offtopic.

5. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

xenfans offer a convert service with our in house converter (not impex), or you can attempt to do it yourself if you have a vbulletin license and access to impex.

Lu Kas likes this.
  6. Lu Kas

Lu Kas Active Member

when you have one ... yes you can do so, but i would prefer a build in option. @mikey thank you i have bookmarked your site

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

More importers are planned.