The REAL pandemic threat to humanity - The HYSTERIA VIRUS

Max Taxable

hysteriavirus.webp

Long lines at walmart and costco for toilet paper and sanitizer. Kleenex and puffs. Shortages on stuff. NOW you see why our govt won't tell us the truth about UFOs!

The most interesting thing with this is how much power media has.

Something not really dangerous (simple flu we have each year is twice more deadly, malaria kills millions still each year, etc) changes everything, imprisons people (quarantine is just that).

Well, isn't that interesting for both sides (those ones on which this is tested and those who test it out on us).

(simple flu we have each year is twice more deadly, malaria kills millions still each year, etc)
At my last check, the flu has already killed 139 children in the US this year. That's not counting adults mind you. Not only is there no hysteria about that, it's not even widely reported at all. Not even a mention in fact, to provide some perspective. Almost like hysteria is what's wanted. Like it's the goal.

Also, if you want statistics that aren't mentioned in media, simple aspirin kills thousands each year in USA (about 5-6 thousands a year). Is it mentioned everywhere? No, of course not.

Or, traffic deaths, or alcohol...

I think we just need to be sensible and while we shouldn't be panicking or hysteric about things, we also shouldn't underestimate it.

It's also important to apply some critical thinking when listening to experts and people of authority.

I present you a Tweet from Donald Trump yesterday with the flu argument:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Arguably it's not an unreasonable statement. It involves some numbers which, to the best of my research, appear to be accurate.

But let's look at them a little closer. The worst case scenario Trump mentions is 70,000 deaths per year from common flu (in the USA).

What is missing here is what the expected mortality rate of flu is. It varies, but I've seen most commonly a number of 0.1%. Incidentally swine flu (H1N1) was a similar mortality rate.

And, similarly, if we take Trump's numbers here as fact, then 22 deaths out of 546 cases is a mortality rate of 4%.

If we work backwards from 70,000 and consider that is 0.1% of the flu cases then it means that 70 million people in the USA contract flu per year.

If 70 million people contracted COVID19 and the mortality rate remains at 4% then it means that 2.8 million people will die in the USA alone.

To put that number in perspective, the number of people who died from anything in the USA in 2017 was, coincidentally, also 2.8 million people.

There are too many variables to accurately predict much of what will happen. The sample size we have so far is too small so the current numbers may make things worse or better. The current mortality rate in the UK is just shy of 2%, for example.

Indeed, "Coronavirus" is not going to "kill us all" but it is a significant threat which we should not underestimate.

All I'm trying to say, in summary:
  • Don't totally write off reports from authorities as being hysteria
  • But do fact-check things and apply critical thinking skills and draw your own conclusions
  • Don't start hoarding supplies, it is selfish and will restrict access to others in need
  • Follow advice including about general hygiene
  • Do isolate yourself if you have any of the symptoms
  • Stay away from those who would be more vulnerable, particularly the elderly
  • But also keep in contact with your friends, neighbours and relatives and offer help if they might need it

As an Italian, I totally agree.
They are destroying a country's entire economy for a virus that will ultimately cause fewer deaths than seasonal flu.
I'm trying to make my countrymen reason, but without success.
By now they believe in all the nonsense proposed by the mainstream press.

They are destroying a country's entire economy for a virus that will ultimately cause fewer deaths than seasonal flu.
What's happening in Italy is what prompted me to bump the thread.

The mortality rate is a bit skewed when we're not doing the proper testing. South Korea who seems to be doing decent in testing is currently sitting at around a 0.6% mortality rate. Other proactive measures are probably helping there as well.

I went to my local Costco three days ago for some toilet paper and general groceries not really thinking about the whole stock-piling thing (before a single case in my state) and there were ladies fighting over the toilet paper. One gal had like 5-6 things of Charmin in her cart, granted this is Costco sized packs so it's a ton of toilet paper in each. One of them fell out of the cart and a guy grabbed it and started running, it was quite the sight.

I just don't get the whole toilet paper thing.

If I was stocking up it would be dried staples such as rice, pasta, flour, tinned goods, and possibly water (depending if there was a risk of the main supply being cut off or contaminated).

I can do without toilet paper (there are other ways of cleaning yourself); I can't really do without water and food.

Oh and alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol.

I just don't get the whole toilet paper thing.

If I was stocking up it would be dried staples such as rice, pasta, flour, tinned goods, and possibly water (depending if there was a risk of the main supply being cut off or contaminated).

I can do without toilet paper (there are other ways of cleaning yourself); I can't really do without water and food.

Oh and alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol.
Exactly what we have done so far here...Basic staple foods, genuine essentials - salt, sugar, flour, lard, marg, butter, bottled water (I doubt that's needed) ... not tonnes of the stuff, but enough to last us a few weeks should we have to lock up.
Plenty of booze via homebrew and I mean gallons & gallons of the stuff.
I think I am starting to miss my S10. 😉

The message is simple & clear. I cannot believe we're in a situation of having to tell people about good, basic hygiene.
  • Don't totally write off reports from authorities as being hysteria
  • But do fact-check things and apply critical thinking skills and draw your own conclusions
  • Don't start hoarding supplies, it is selfish and will restrict access to others in need
  • Follow advice including about general hygiene
  • Do isolate yourself if you have any of the symptoms
  • Stay away from those who would be more vulnerable, particularly the elderly
  • But also keep in contact with your friends, neighbours and relatives and offer help if they might need it
Exactly this. ^^

I've a friend in Milan a red zone yes? He's in a bit of a mess there and is self employed as a solicitor.. curfew, restrictions, all of causing some panic & fear, but it's better to be overzealous than chronically or fatally ill isn't it?

The advice is really simple and if people followed that, remained calm and level headed - we'd be in a better position.
Drink tea & carry on.

If we work backwards from 70,000 and consider that is 0.1% of the flu cases then it means that 70 million people in the USA contract flu per year.
There's also one big problem with flu/covid19 comparisons in media.

You test for covid19 everything that moves (and especially things that don't). At least in my country. But, talking about flu, its more like: if it coughs, has temperature, headache, etc. and it is flu season, it is flu.

So we don't know almost anything about flu, unless they try to induce mass hysteria. When they try to do just that, we know everything about flu. Similarly, now we know everything about covid19 (even that 80 year old woman dying from cancer managed to test positive for corona and died from covid19. Case in Italy in news these days).

Statistics is always very interesting thing. Most people, over 80% exhibit only mild symptoms. Generally, you need to be sick from something else, with seriously compromised immunity for whatever reason (old age, different illness) to be in danger. Then and only then you might die.

This is world wide.
All supermarkets seem to be out of essential items such as loo paper, hand sanitiser, etc.
All because people are panicking over it all.

Check out the Joe Rogan show #1439. Case count doubles in 4 days. Doubles! Now that's a steep curve.

Last edited:
Top Bottom