The REAL pandemic threat to humanity - The HYSTERIA VIRUS

A good friend of mine a few doors up in the same street is a scientist who works for big pharma and regularly visits 'The Hill'.

I wasn't particularly worried about the virus until a few weeks ago when we were chatting and he told me a few things which are not in the public arena and how concerned he was.

This is world wide.
All supermarkets seem to be out of essential items
Locally there's no problem, no hysteria. All paper products well-stocked in every store I visit, plenty of hand sanitizer and wipes available, produce, meat, canned goods, normal. Prices haven't changed either.

wellstocked.webp

I wasn't particularly worried about the virus until a few weeks ago when we were chatting and he told me a few things which are not in the public arena and how concerned he was.
Interesting info:

COVID-19 infection
Nucleic acid sequences of viruses taken from pangolins have been found to be a 99% match to those of the virus which causes COVID-19, SARS coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) and is responsible for the 2019–20 coronavirus outbreak. The working theory of researchers in Guangzhou, China is that SARS-CoV-2 originated in bats and, prior to infecting humans, was circulating among pangolins. The illicit Chinese trade of pangolins for use in traditional Chinese medicine is suggested as a vector for human transmission. Pangolins were eventually ruled out as the definitive source, namely the bridge that the virus used to jump from bats to humans.

Two strains of the virus have caused outbreaks of severe respiratory diseases in humans: SARS-CoV, which caused an outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) between 2002 and 2003, and SARS-CoV-2, which since late 2019 has caused an outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). There are hundreds of other strains of SARSr-CoV, all of which are only known to infect non-human species: bats are a major reservoir of many strains of SARS-related coronaviruses, and several strains have been identified in palm civets, which were likely ancestors of SARS-CoV.

The SARS-related coronavirus was one of several viruses identified by the World Health Organization (WHO) in 2016 as a likely cause of a future epidemic in a new plan developed after the Ebola epidemic for urgent research and development before and during an epidemic towards diagnostic tests, vaccines and medicines. The prediction came to pass with the 2019–20 coronavirus outbreak.

In the SARS outbreak of 2003, about 9% of patients with confirmed SARS-CoV infection died. The mortality rate was much higher for those over 60 years old, with mortality rates approaching 50% for this subset of patients.

I asked my doctor if I should go to a hockey game where there were thousands of people attending. Do I stand a chance of getting Coronavirus if I go to a crowded stadium? He told me I stood a good chance of getting a head injury from drinking too much beer and falling over the people in front of me. Moral of the story - go to game, have a good time, don't drink too much.
Toilet paper shortage is a direct cause and effect of the crap being spewed by the media.

A good friend of mine a few doors up in the same street is a scientist who works for big pharma and regularly visits 'The Hill'.

Care to share?

And, similarly, if we take Trump's numbers here as fact, then 22 deaths out of 546 cases is a mortality rate of 4%.

If we work backwards from 70,000 and consider that is 0.1% of the flu cases then it means that 70 million people in the USA contract flu per year.

If 70 million people contracted COVID19 and the mortality rate remains at 4% then it means that 2.8 million people will die in the USA alone.

I think this calculation is somewhat misleading. There's been multiple reports that people don't show any symptoms at all, yet are infected and contagious. If I recall correctly, they won't even show up as positive on some of the test methods, because only people with symptoms do. In other words there's a potentially very high number of infected people that we don't even know about, which could very dramatically shift the true mortality rate.

Being cautious is certainly not wrong, especially if you are in a critical population group (60+ or handicapped by another sickness/disease), but panicking is not helping anybody. But for anybody in need, here's some recipes for noodles with toilet paper.

I think this calculation is somewhat misleading.

Most mortality rate calculations made during an epidemic are misleading because they usually divide confirmed cases by the number of deaths from the same cause. That doesn't factor in the time between onset and fatality which in this instance is thought to be 2-3 weeks so to get a more realistic figure the confirmed cases from a few weeks ago should be used rather than the figure from the present time.

There is another factor when comparing countries and mortality rates, in particular China - a larger proportion of Chinese smoke, and pollution levels are higher than in most other countries. This would assume that more people in China have underlying respiratory issues, especially the elderly, and bearing in mind the virus attacks the respiratory system there could be a disproportionate number of deaths within China compared to other countries where smoking and pollution levels are less.

It takes some time to realise what this all is about. And why it makes sense to restrict people and life that much.

If you don't do anything the virus will spread. Very quickly. More than half of all people will get it. Within a very short time frame. And a small fraction of all those people will get very ill and will need special medical attention to be able to breath.

But there are only a certain amount of resources in hospitals to take care of those people. And we know that more people will need special care as resources are available if the virus can spread without restrictions. This will lead to unnecessary deaths of people (mostly old and/or already ill people) simply because there are no available doctors and beds in hospitals.

To prevent those deaths of older people, we all have to adapt (even if we most likely won't get seriously ill ourselves) and change our lives for some time. Because we need to take care of the most vulnerable people among us.

Those hoarding toilet paper must not have heard of bidet. Get one from amazon and never need to worry about it anymore.
It's much cleaner than toilet paper, it's common place in Asia.

Here's and interesting mathmatical look at the spread of virus:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom