The Name: xenForo

Hauzer

Hey all,

Firstly, damn this is some amazing bulletin board software. :) But the main reason why I created this thread is to know, how did the name xenForo come about? To be honest, I'm not really too fond of the name as it sounds like a less popular branded name, compared to IPB, vBulletin, phpBB ... they're all simple and understandable.

Of course, please don't feel offended, they're just my 2 cents. :)

phpBB sounds more silly than something you can pronounce, like zen phoro. I guess it's just because it's new, I find it normal to say now.
It's no stranger than Google or YahoOooOo, in my opinion :)

My 2 cents.

I thought Wii was a pretty bad name, but I had issues with the WEEE directive. The I.beat Blax was worse. Back to the topic though, XenForo has grown on me now, it's pretty catchy.

Of those mentioned, phpBB was the worst named by far! =) vBulletin was a good name for the time period. XenForo sounds cooler, which will aid its memorability, and our Spanish friends should dig it. ;)

Isn't there a computer name for Xen ie. virtual machine which allows other operating systems to function on the same hardware - or something like that? I'm really no geek but have heard of this. But I like Xen equals cool ... which equals the same name but spelt differently as my ISP - Zen - a really great trusted company! So XenForo - another great trusted company!

Isn't there a computer name for Xen ie. virtual machine which allows other operating systems to function on the same hardware - or something like that? I'm really no geek but have heard of this. But I like Xen equals cool ... which equals the same name but spelt differently as my ISP - Zen - a really great trusted company! So XenForo - another great trusted company!

Xen Hypervisor. www.xen.org

I actually like the name, much more then if it had been BB or Bulletin. It just seems more original, and it doesn't follow that atrocious naming sense that was brought about by "web2.0".

I have been typing XenForo all day, and I think I am going to stick to that, however, abbreviation for some reason is xf for now. Easier in informal conversations. Oh well :) We will see in 5 years.

Top Bottom