The LOL thread

There was a huge turnout yesterday in London (about 20,000) against the Pope's 'state' visit, and some classic banners such as:

"Abstinence Makes The Church Grow Fondlers"

"Nothing says faith in god like four inches of bulletproof glass"

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy"

“F**K off back to the 14th century”

Were all amongst my favourites. :D

Following on from this post, I've been looking at some photos of the demo and there's a couple more banners that made me smile:

"11. Thou shalt not bugger little boys"

"Suffer the children wasn't an order"

And for fans of Father Ted:

"Down with this sort of thing"

"Careful now".

:D

The photos are here if anyone is interested: http://www.urban75.org/london/pope-protest-london-2010.html

iboard-imat-ipad.jpeg

The LOL thread can't be complete without a few 70's rockers joining in, minus the dope !! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• group288.webp
    group288.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 39
  • whitesnake_3.webp
    whitesnake_3.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 40
The UK government announced spending cuts yesterday and it appears the defence cuts have started already judging by these links to e-bay, someone fancy any of these?

NIMROD MRA4 fighter plane - £999,999.90

HMS ASTUTE NUCLEAR SUBMARINE - £1.00

Just found the reason for that second listing - HMS Astute: world's most advanced nuclear submarine runs aground.

The world’s most advanced nuclear submarine, HMS Astute, has run aground on rocks off Scotland causing considerable embarrassment for Navy chiefs.

The grounding of the £1.2 billion Astute hunter-killer comes at the end of a dire week for the Royal Navy which has seen its carrier force halved, Harrier jump jets axed and warship force reduced by almost a quarter.

It is understood that the boat, which is first in its class, ran aground by its stern in a manoeuvre that “went slightly wrong” after it had dropped some sailors ashore in tidal waters off the Isle of Skye.

:D :D

Top Bottom