1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 'Loggin In' bar colour

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by xenTheory, Apr 2, 2013.

1. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

I can't seem to find the bar which appears when you're auto logged-in. Can anyone tell me the div it uses? It doesn't stay long enough on the screen for me to see the div!

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Based on your description, I'm not sure what bar you are talking about. Picture?

3. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

Sorry I mean the bar which drops down from the top of the screen and says 'Logging In...' or whenever you create a new discussion or reply to one.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Code:
    <div class="xenOverlay timedMessage" style="top: 0px; left: 0px; position: fixed; display: block;"><div class="content baseHtml" style="opacity: 0.1024;">Your changes have been saved.<span class="close"></span></div></div>

5. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

Nope, not that one. I think it's content Base html or something like that.

6. Brogan

That is the correct div for the overlay which drops down from the top of the screen for a few seconds and then returns.

Perhaps you mean something else?

7. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

Hmm, my override did nothing on there, cheers though - don't like editing the source files but will try it that way.

8. Brogan

What are you trying to do?

If you want to change the styling just use .xenOverlay.timedMessage in EXTRA.css

9. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

that's what I did but it didn't work, I even added !important to the values.

10. Brogan

It works on my localhost using this:
    Code:
    .xenOverlay.timedMessage {
    background-color: red;
    }

Chris D likes this.
  11. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

That still doesn't seem to work on mine, I'll look into it and try and work out why. Cheers for the help though.

12. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Definitely works for me.

Best place to trigger this to try out your changes is the Account > Signature page. You get a Save message every time. You'll need to refresh the page for the changes to take effect, of course.

Brogan likes this.