The Ladies' Lounge

GofD

Just wondering how many other girls there are here. I know Peggy and Shelley and Dragonfly and a few others, but I figure it couldn't hurt to do a roll call and see what everyone's role is (haha) in their site/community.

I'm Susan and I started our site as a hobby just over five years ago but it quickly grew into a passion, then an obsession. Thankfully, it's grown enough to pay all the bills. I let my husband play along. :p J/K!

How about you? Women only please!

You've probably seen me post a time or two. My site is a scrapbooking site...still not paying it's way yet but it came really close last year. I design themes in my spare time, LOL. Liz

Yes, hi! Our daughter's name is Elizabeth - should have remembered you! I've seen your site - very nice integration!

Female. :) Have you ever assumed that someone was male or female for literally months and then been shocked to discover you were wrong? It's happened to me quite a few times in the past. :D And guys don't take it kindly when you assume they're a girl.

Here! Great idea Susan!

I don't have any forums atm, only my personal blog.

I may start a forum for parents of kids with Autism/Asperger Syndrome/ADHD, et al. My son has Aspergers among other disorders, and finding someone to talk to who relates is... difficult.

Walks in.. unlaces corset.. Oh thank god!

:D Hi Susan! I'm Kim, nice to meet you :)

I started out as a forum member on a tech site about 11 years ago, after a bit we got our own forums, then we switched software from vB to IPB, and I fell in love with skinning it! I worked with Invision doing Custom Skins on a contract basis for a while before starting my own site IBUnique in 2003, IBU was very successful, however I sold it due to a family tragedy in 2005, but bounced back in 2006 with Skin by Dragonfly, my current online home :)

We live near the beach in regional NSW Australia, about 60kms from Sydney.. where I grew up...I am also a Mother to a teen boy with Asperger's syndrome, and a wife of a million years to Jethro (Jeff) who is a sweetheart :) Passionate in all things I do, I love art, cooking, reading, music and having fun! :D

Well that's me in 100 words or less :p Nice idea for the Ladies Lounge! :D

Hi Ladies ... anotheralias, Peggy, Kim! It's after midnight here, and hubs has gone to bed so I'm off for the night. Girls, please welcome all the newcomers! :D

So girls.. what's happening?

I was lucky enough to have my honey cook me dinner tonight, Spag Bol, very very nice it was too, only problem with that was I got lumbered with the cleaning up! One thing I hate is any form of housework!!! :p

Ahaha! (@ Broagn - and hi Nix)

I bet I lived not too far from you Dragonfly, once upon a time, for about six months: Coogee Beach outside of Sydney. (I think Coogee - or Coogi? I might have the spelling confused with the sweater.) Beautiful place, and I was so close to the ocean that all things aluminum would turn black. Took me awhile to realize that the minimart wasn't just selling ancient cans of stuff - it was the salt.

I'm trying to design elements for a collab kit for next month. My muse went missing for a couple of months and she finally came back and I was super busy yesterday. Most of the designers in my store put together mini kits into one big one for customers to get as a freebie when they purchase a certain amount of product. It's a great advertising method but one that is a lot of work, since all our products have to be original. 

Kim, I avoid most housework. I have severe back issues so we have a cleaning service come in every other week.  

And we have to run to the grocery store today for a few things. 

Top Bottom