The Ladies' Lounge

Wow I really like those costumes! You're very talented.

My son hates Halloween, go figure. He doesn't want to dress up, doesn't want to go trick-or-treating, or even to any halloween parties, nor does he want to pass out candy.
He's 10, but has always been this way.
eh, saves me money.

Yes, we hit a big insurance glitch with my surgery so so it's been delayed. So I'm still home.

Wondered how everyone was, figured we've all been knee deep in XenForo projects among other things. How's your kitchen coming along, Susan? Gonna be ready for Thanksgiving?

We are heading to my daddy's for that day, cause we may still be in New York at Christmas. See why here http://www.ewljourney.gblcreations.com/ the entry dated the 13th.

Just got home from spending two weeks in New York City and got out of there JUST in time. Apparently it is shut dow today with a MAJOR blizzard and Amtrak has even canceled service and since we traveled up and back on Amtrak we'd have been screwed!

We left here the morning of the 10th to go to my daddy's in upper South Carolina to catch the train so we could leave the car with him. It's one of the closest stations to us. And we left the next day about midnight for New York City arriving in NY on the 12th about 2PM Eastern. My husband had his appt with the surgeon on Monday along with other appts and then we had Tues and Wed off but it was sssssssssssssoooooooooooo cold we couldn't get out to sight see. Wind chill was 9 degrees F. Surgery was Thursday morning and he got out of the hospital on Monday. We got on the train to get back to my daddy's on Christmas Eve and arrived back at my daddy's on Christmas morning at 4:30 AM. We left there today even tho there was 5 inches of snow on the ground cause if it melted at all, it would freeze and turn to ice and we would not get home. And dh has a doctor appt on Tuesday morning.

He's lost over 20 lbs in the 10 days since surgery.

Liz

Just got home from spending two weeks in New York City and got out of there JUST in time. Apparently it is shut dow today with a MAJOR blizzard and Amtrak has even canceled service and since we traveled up and back on Amtrak we'd have been screwed!

We left here the morning of the 10th to go to my daddy's in upper South Carolina to catch the train so we could leave the car with him. It's one of the closest stations to us. And we left the next day about midnight for New York City arriving in NY on the 12th about 2PM Eastern. My husband had his appt with the surgeon on Monday along with other appts and then we had Tues and Wed off but it was sssssssssssssoooooooooooo cold we couldn't get out to sight see. Wind chill was 9 degrees F. Surgery was Thursday morning and he got out of the hospital on Monday. We got on the train to get back to my daddy's on Christmas Eve and arrived back at my daddy's on Christmas morning at 4:30 AM. We left there today even tho there was 5 inches of snow on the ground cause if it melted at all, it would freeze and turn to ice and we would not get home. And dh has a doctor appt on Tuesday morning.

He's lost over 20 lbs in the 10 days since surgery.

Liz

Hey Liz,

Sounds like it was quite a journey! Glad you are back home now and that your hubby is doing well, wow 20lbs in 10 days :o that is a lot! I hope he is feeling great and adjusting well :)

Hey Liz,

Sounds like it was quite a journey! Glad you are back home now and that your hubby is doing well, wow 20lbs in 10 days :o that is a lot! I hope he is feeling great and adjusting well :)

Kim, he's doing very well and feeling great. Altho, he's JUST beginning to really see a difference in himself with the weight loss...altho others really can tell. His tummy is deflated! and he had to move his wedding ring to a chain so he wouldn't lose it.

One thing we plan on doing next Sept (our 15th anniversary) is renewing our vows and blessing a new set of rings to replace the current ones. The current ones cannot be resized as they have circles engraved over the entire band and if resized it would mess up the pattern. So we will retire these and get new ones together. I've already lost enough weight that I have to wear another, smaller ring in front just to keep mine from coming off.

Between new wardrobes/rings etc this could get a bit expensive but will be SO worth it, LOL!

Kim, he's doing very well and feeling great. Altho, he's JUST beginning to really see a difference in himself with the weight loss...altho others really can tell. His tummy is deflated! and he had to move his wedding ring to a chain so he wouldn't lose it.

One thing we plan on doing next Sept (our 15th anniversary) is renewing our vows and blessing a new set of rings to replace the current ones. The current ones cannot be resized as they have circles engraved over the entire band and if resized it would mess up the pattern. So we will retire these and get new ones together. I've already lost enough weight that I have to wear another, smaller ring in front just to keep mine from coming off.

Between new wardrobes/rings etc this could get a bit expensive but will be SO worth it, LOL!

That's brilliant Liz :D does this mean you have had your surgery too? I was under the impression it was January.

What a great thing to do once you have achieved your goal weights! :D

*pops in*

I can't believe how long the thread is, typical women - they never bloody shut-up.
tongue.png

*runs like hell*

That's brilliant Liz :D does this mean you have had your surgery too? I was under the impression it was January.

What a great thing to do once you have achieved your goal weights! :D
My ring is too big cause my fingers shrink in cold weather and I'm not at the weight I was at when purchased(about 10 lbs above current), but it's not SO big yet that it's that obvious. :) My surgery is in less than a month, the 24th. Keep your toes crossed!

*pops in*

I can't believe how long the thread is, typical women - they never bloody shut-up.
tongue.png

*runs like hell*

You better run...if we stuck ALL the other threads together the guys would far outdo us by a long shot!!!! Just because we have ONE thread all our own.

My ring is too big cause my fingers shrink in cold weather and I'm not at the weight I was at when purchased(about 10 lbs above current), but it's not SO big yet that it's that obvious. :) My surgery is in less than a month, the 24th. Keep your toes crossed!

You better run...if we stuck ALL the other threads together the guys would far outdo us by a long shot!!!! Just because we have ONE thread all our own.

Everything crossed for you lovely :D I am sure you will sail through like your hubby did and enjoy spectacular results like he is also!!!!

My diet starts on Jan 1 :p

Sorry for the long absence, my dearies. Glad to hear everyone is well, although I'm sorry your surgery got put off, Elizabeth.

Dragonfly, how goes the diet? We started exercising and eating right and let me tell you what - Buns of Steel is like Buns of Daggers the day after! The kids are in on the game, and are doing yoga, running and some light weight training.

As for the kitchen - we're ALMOST done. It literally took over our lives for months - we got the sink plumbed 2 days before Thanksgiving and had my family here which was nice. It's SO MUCH BETTER than it was! I'll see if I can get some pictures of the almost finished project. We still have to do the tile and the final paint and reinstall an over range hood/micro, but for the most part it's functional. Yay!

Sorry for the long absence, my dearies. Glad to hear everyone is well, although I'm sorry your surgery got put off, Elizabeth.

Dragonfly, how goes the diet? We started exercising and eating right and let me tell you what - Buns of Steel is like Buns of Daggers the day after! The kids are in on the game, and are doing yoga, running and some light weight training.

As for the kitchen - we're ALMOST done. It literally took over our lives for months - we got the sink plumbed 2 days before Thanksgiving and had my family here which was nice. It's SO MUCH BETTER than it was! I'll see if I can get some pictures of the almost finished project. We still have to do the tile and the final paint and reinstall an over range hood/micro, but for the most part it's functional. Yay!

Hey Susan :D Good to see you again!

The Diet, lol well it has yet to really kick off :p hehehe glad to hear you are being healthy, sounds like you are having fun with it too, which is great!

Was my son's birthday this week, that was fun, it's school Holidays here, and usually I take all of Jan off, but this year I am having to work, been super busy actually.

Glad to hear the Kitchen is almost done!!! :D

We do need pics of course! :D

Was my son's birthday this week, that was fun, it's school Holidays here, and usually I take all of Jan off, but this year I am having to work, been super busy actually.

Did you do something fun for your son's birthday? :)

And yeah, definitely need pics!

And yeah, definitely need pics!

Well, he is not really a party kind of kid, and having a birthday on the 4th of Jan has always been a PITA as due to the school Hols no one is around to invite anyway LOL .. but we had a great couple of days, spread it out for him, and he got a PSP and cash, so he was a happy young man.

I just can't believe he's 15 now :o OMG where did those years go!!!

Well, he is not really a party kind of kid, and having a birthday on the 4th of Jan has always been a PITA as due to the school Hols no one is around to invite anyway LOL .. but we had a great couple of days, spread it out for him, and he got a PSP and cash, so he was a happy young man.

I just can't believe he's 15 now :eek: OMG where did those years go!!!

At least he doesn't have to worry about being in school on his birthday I guess!

Top Bottom