The lack of user criteria, what happened?

mauzao9

Hello,

So one of the things I've always used my install with, is to reward activity with trophies, unlocking usergroup promotions that increase the permissions the user has around the community, but XF is keeping on making that harder to achieve, when checking on Xenforo 2, I noticed on the demo that the Resource Manager for example only has a mere criteria, everything from reviews, ratings (both made by you or upon your item) are non-existent, and that brings me the question, why? If there is a system with this capability, why is there so little use of it?

This is why I had to buy the Showcase addon and tweak it to support link field instead of the Resource manager, due to its extensive user criteria you can make use of.

The suggestion here would pretty much be, have a greater investment on how many user criteria can you make use for on the base software and its addons, to bring more for those who use things like trophies and usergroup promotions as ways to cultivate activity on their communities.

Max

Upvote 7
The resource manager has not received much TLC and is therefore still pretty basic. I'm hoping for a big update at some point. If you compare the RM options and settings with showcase then its a night and day difference.

The resource manager has not received much TLC and is therefore still pretty basic. I'm hoping for a big update at some point. If you compare the RM options and settings with showcase then its a night and day difference.
Yes it's more basic than Showcase that allows for a huge amount of customization, criteria is always a big potential to add activity and sadly the official addons are amiss, and only some developers have that care.

XF2 criteria also have some hilarious bugs in them, which shows they haven't put them through a huge amount of testing :(

Top Bottom