1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The instructions for Memcached do not look right

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Rigel Kentaurus, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Rigel Kentaurus

Rigel Kentaurus Well-Known Member

For some reason, the instructions do not look right to me, I took them from

The "backendOptions" being a nested array seems just plain wrong. I actually didn't use it like that for my configuration

Screen Shot 2011-10-07 at 11.32.08 PM.png
  2. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Can you post your configuration so we can see the difference?

Shaun :D
  3. Rigel Kentaurus

$config['cache']['backendOptions'] = array(
    'servers' => array(
    'host' => '',  'port' => 11211 )
    'compression' => false
  4. CyclingTribe

5. Rigel Kentaurus

I just did some basic tests on my local machine. I started memcached as verbose (and not being a daemon so everything would be sent to sysout), and I tested with both configurations

Both "seem to work", in the sense that either with the extra backendOptions or without it the memcache instance was being hit and keys and values were being stored and retrieved.

However, with the extra "backendOptions" I do not seem to get hits on the memcached instance every time (as if it were bypassing the cache sometimes), whether with my syntax it appeared to hit the memcache server every time. I have no idea why that could happen.

So .. both seem to reach memcache somehow. I am sticking to my configuration since that seems more natural.
    GeeksChat likes this.
  6. CyclingTribe

Well, okay, I'll edit mine to match yours and see how it goes ... thanks for the feedback. :D
  7. wrx1

wrx1 Active Member

8. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Documentation fixed.
    GeeksChat likes this.