1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 The following error occurred: Please enter a valid title.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by tylerbr, Dec 17, 2014.

1. tylerbr

tylerbr Member

I was just sending a member a fairly long conversation, and when I went to send it, I received the error: Please enter a valid title.

Oops, I forgot to add a title to it- ok no big deal. But when I "X" out of the error popup to go back and add a title, the conversation I was trying to send disappeared. I'm sure this probably won't be the last time I am sending a conversation and forget to add a title; and I am pretty sure others may forget to add one too when they are sending one.

Is there a way to be able to X out of the error box and still have the written conversation saved, so I don't have to rewrite the whole thing over again? Is there a setting I have missed somewhere?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The draft should have been saved automatically.

Have you gone back to the composition page to see if the content is still there?
  3. tylerbr

tylerbr Member

I just tested it again to be sure. When I go into my inbox and press the "start a new conversation" link; it will in fact save the conversation when I forget to add a title. However, when I click on a member's name and try to send a conversation pressing the start a new conversation tab on their profile card; the conversation disappears and I get redirected to the index page instead if I forget to add a title.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It doesn't matter which link you click to start a conversation, the draft message should still be saved.
  5. tylerbr

tylerbr Member

6. BassMan

BassMan Well-Known Member