The first addon for XenForo ?

For you, Which would be the first addon for XenForo ?

• Gallery

Votes: 192 49.9%
  • Download system

Votes: 60 15.6%
  • Blog

Votes: 69 17.9%
  • CMS

Votes: 186 48.3%
  • Other, please comments

Votes: 36 9.4%

• Total voters
Gallery, CMS and Blog. These three which I want them to be added first. ;)

Amen. Without Albums, CMS and deeply integrated Blogs, our company/foundation is unable to switch to XenForo. But... I am patient ('All good things to those who wait' (tm Kier Darby), right? ;))

I voted for CMS, unless they make a script which enables you to seamlessly integrate XenForo with another CMS (Joomla, Wordpress) then I'd use that. :)

I definitely need a gallery, with the blog coming second.

I'll probably create one myself when XF comes out, and then (if a gallery comes out at a later time), I will just move everything over. :)

I am not going to vote but i will put my 2c in. I think mods like these and most other mods should be made by other people, Giving for time for xenforo staff to work on the forum software its self and support.

Gallery, CMS and Blogs ... these are the ones I would like need to use and I want them to be official supported releases :D

Gallery with photo tagging. I can refer the coder that did it for my vB if you guys cant figure it out and Im sure he can do it for you in a few days so you can launch it with that capability right off the bat and crush the competition.

Gallery with photo tagging. I can refer the coder that did it for my vB if you guys cant figure it out and Im sure he can do it for you in a few days so you can launch it with that capability right off the bat and crush the competition.

I don't suggest using this idea as far as the code is created by an external source, as it adds so many complexities, one of which is licensing.

Before I can move two of my sites, I will need a Blog, Downloads and a gallery and a way to get the old stuff in here.. Then I can worry about the Links Directory, Garage, Classifieds and Arcade

I don't suggest using this idea as far as the code is created by an external source, as it adds so many complexities, one of which is licensing.

They would obviously pay a 1 time fee to him for his coding time. Not sure what the complexity would be. Isnt it a deal they would strike between the 2?

I see what you mean if he would want a cut from every sale as payment or something but thats not an issue right now.

They would obviously pay a 1 time fee to him for his coding time. Not sure what the complexity would be. Isnt it a deal they would strike between the 2?

I see what you mean if he would want a cut from every sale as payment or something but thats not an issue right now.

I'm not sure how Kier, Mike and the developer works, but a general principle that I worked with, when Information Systems Manager a few years ago, writing the Intranet and CMS software was to refrain from maintaining and developing code written by others who were still on the team. The reason for this was so that no issues would arise, but also, the code would be more secure and less flexible to the extent that less bugs would be present.

If I were to code a product, I'd want the majority of the code to be written by myself with as little external intervention as possible. Whilst I can see te advantages of your solution, XenForo would need to maintain that credit, as per original source, to the developer. If he sells the rights etc, then that could potentially deal with the issue as a whole.

::nods::
A gallery is, IMO, a pretty basic part of any modern social environment now.
I figure we'll be looking at either moving the vBlogs into threads, or hopefully a way to port them into WP 3 blogs now that WP and WPMU have effectively merged.
16,000 + user images that our members love to search (we use custom fields in photoplog so the images ARE searchable) and Google loves to send traffic to... Well that's a much bigger issue ;).

Top Bottom