XF 1.3 The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again.

Joe Marino

Hello everyone,

Before I begin let me say I am VERY leery of asking questions on a forum due to the knee jerk "use the search feature lazy..." replies I usually get. So before we begin I have used it and read every thread with this issue and still unable to get it to work.

I purchased XF about 3 hours ago and have been unable to get passed this issue: Unable to install a single addon.

Setup:
Fresh install of Xenforo
Only thing installed is a Style which I have disabled at this time (thinking it might be the problem)
Site functions perfectly

I have uploaded the files from the upload directory to the right directory (example library)
Dropped the xml file in the root of the site (my forum is not in a sub directory)

In admin section I go to HOME --> ADD-ONS
Installed Add-ons:
No addons installed yet

+ Install new addon

Install from uploaded file: Choose file -> I select the xml file that was in the zip file OR
Install file from server: I put the path to the xml file here.

Every time it says: The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong.
I have tried uploading the zip file
creating an uploads directory and putting everything in there. Then pointing the installer to the xml file in that directory.

I know its something simple but I cannot figure this 1 thing out and its almost 4 hours of hell trying to get it to work.

Any tips?

Hey Chris D - I deleted it and reinstalled XF. Then followed the procedure step by step in the tutorial. It now works fine. Not sure what went wrong but its fine now. Thanks for offering to help.

Hey Chris D - I deleted it and reinstalled XF. Then followed the procedure step by step in the tutorial. It now works fine. Not sure what went wrong but its fine now. Thanks for offering to help.

Sounds like the file permissions were wrong or weren't being uploaded to the correct place :)

Top Bottom