The Big Forum List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to get around to updating this, probably over the weekend, but congratulations to everyone who has switched over, especially redcafe, looks great although can't say the same about the team itself :p

On the whole we're very happy with the switch and the feedback from the members has been positive, apart from a few who don't like it but you can't please everyone. Only real negative I've noticed from a modding perspective is that mods can't check IPs on it like they could on vBulletin. That feature was very useful to catch users that were banned previously on another account and it doesn't look like there is an add-on which enables this feature.

@Damien1990, this is possible via the Spam Cleaner (if moderators have appropriate permissions to use it):
{Member} -> Member Card -> Spam -> Uncheck everything except "Check Spammer's IPs" -> Clean Up
That'll return a list of users that have shared an IP.

@Damien1990, this is possible via the Spam Cleaner (if moderators have appropriate permissions to use it):
{Member} -> Member Card -> Spam -> Uncheck everything except "Check Spammer's IPs" -> Clean Up
That'll return a list of users that have shared an IP.

Fantastic. Thank you.

Only problem is it seems to be showing lots of users using the same IP (and by a lot, I mean over 400 people), but I think that is some sort of technical issue at the moment on our side. When that is sorted out, that will be very useful.

I'd say improper import or something of the sort, but yes, once that's sorted out it should work as expected. :) XenForo is quite powerful and really puts thought into every detail. (y) You'll learn to love it and the nuances of where to find things in the software rather quickly.

The list has now been updated. The next update will be a serious one which will increase the minimum posts required to feature on the list will increase and boundaries between the different levels also will, this is primarily because the first post has hit the 10,000 character limit as well as the fact the list has got very considerable in size (which is great for Xenforo of course) which makes updating the post a longer and longer process each time. With 1.2 on the near horizon I foresee another increase in large forums converting so I think soon would be a sensible time to make the changes, however I do hope to include more details about the largest forums when I do complete the overhaul.

@Musika I've managed to add you to the list as the last forum I'll add in todays update.

As a sidenote, in order to do so I had to get rid of most of the remaining text in the first post which highlights the problem I'm facing. I'm considering two solutions to this, one is either to massively raise the boundary for entry and cut the list considerably (as I mentioned my last post 40 minutes ago) keeping the list probably at a range of between 100 and 140 forums and change the boundaries based on that, at the moment that would suggest a minimum of 500,000 posts for the list. The other option would be to create a new thread with multiple posts with different ranges, which would mean that I would be able to keep every site that's currently on the list in place however for reasons of time keeping I wouldn't make further updates to the smallest sections unless a site moved out of them.

Neither should be particularly more work than the other as the number of sites being regularly updated would be roughly the same, the main downside to a new thread is that everyone that currently watches this thread would not be kept updated automatically. The downside to staying here is that a lot of the sites currently recognised as large would have to be culled. So it would be greatly appreciated if anyone that has particular preference mentioned it before I make my final decision.

Less than 100K posts for us to make 1,000,000

I project that to be within two months, especially with the events that are approaching for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom