• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

The Articles addon has been born!

Hi,

I see stage 2 was completed today. Will the few things that didn't end up making it in stage 2 still be completed in a commercial version?

Do the articles nativelu appear in XenPorta's recent threads feed? Or can it be easily done?

This is a completely different addon to xenporta. It has a completely different approach which works very closely with the natural XF system.
You'll see on its roadmap in the first post of this thread, there is a CMS planned.

However you can ask the developer waindigo for an extra coding to make it work with another addon. He does do extras.

This is a completely different addon to xenporta. It has a completely different approach which works very closely with the natural XF system.
You'll see on its roadmap in the first post of this thread, there is a CMS planned.

However you can ask the developer waindigo for an extra coding to make it work with another addon. He does do extras.
Hi Morgain,

Thank you for your reply. I would like our contributing members to be able to create threads that appear different than thread content created by other members. I thought doing Articles that allow commenting might be what I was looking for if the articles populate the activity streams just as threads do. I may just have to go this other route you noted in one of your threads:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/the-articles-addon-has-been-born.26369/page-3#post-328217

If you have any comments or suggestions on a better way to accomplish this, please let me know.

Watching this one.
Jon make sure you're connecting to the Resource Manager entry. This thread here is only the roadmap listing what the plans are.
See http://xenforo.com/community/resources/library-by-waindigo.222/

Hi Morgain,
Thank you for your reply. I would like our contributing members to be able to create threads that appear different than thread content created by other members. I thought doing Articles that allow commenting might be what I was looking for if the articles populate the activity streams just as threads do. I may just have to go this other route you noted in one of your threads:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/the-articles-addon-has-been-born.26369/page-3#post-328217

I think you could do that with Articles. Jon of Waindigo is going to be doing the connection with forum threads for discussion, and integration with What's New this coming week I think.
It's very important to me that the discussion with an Article is a forum thread. I don't see the point of having two types of discussion, forum and blog. It's just confusing and weakens the core which is forums. My take on it anyway.
So I am asking Jon to make a discussion thread not only link to an Article, but DUPLICATE. That is it'll appear both in a forum selected by its author AND under the Article. Author can select an existing thread or generate a new one.
Hopefully the link back to the Article appears top and bottom of the thread when it's open as well. Hmm maybe a tag icon on its thread to indicate it's linked to an Article.

So you could enable your contributing members as Editors to create an Article.
This would act like a first post but show up differently in What's New.
Also its linked forum thread would be there to discover in two places, both by looking in forums and by looking in the Libraries/ Library.
Plus a tag icon on the thread in its forum thread list.
So it would really be a priority treatment.

Top Bottom