Thanks KAM for the free license extension!

I think they almost had to do it. Mine was coming due on March 11th, and I wasn't going to pay for a license extension which didn't have updates. I'm still not going to pay for anything until I see something.

KAM have a lot of work to do to rebuild goodwill and credibility with their users.

I want to echo this sentiment... I was all set to renew my license in two weeks. I wondered if I qualified and quite frankly it didn't matter. But low and behold, they extended my license for free.

license.webp

I have come to enjoy and love the Xenforo software and have learned quite a lot about how to configure, install and style it. Just because the guys were scarce the past few months, doesn't mean I stopped getting support. I've been here the whole time, getting help from the mods, other members and even helping a few others along the way.

Even if my license had not been extended, I would still have renewed. In fact, out of appreciation, I'm going to go renew it right now another year.

license2.webp

This is what sets these guys apart from the rest...honesty and integrity. Do you think any competitor would have voluntarily proposed such an idea of mass extending licenses? I doubt it. Thanks guys. You'all Rock!

My licence was valid til Mar 11, 2013 and was extended now to Nov 21, 2013.
Many thanks for this. ;)
This is a noble gesture.

I think they almost had to do it. Mine was coming due on March 11th, and I wasn't going to pay for a license extension which didn't have updates. I'm still not going to pay for anything until I see something.

KAM have a lot of work to do to rebuild goodwill and credibility with their users.

I personally think it is a wonderful gesture and indeed I think it is way beyond the scope of anything they were required to do...and I also think anyone who completely understands what was on the line also understands that most people in a similar situation would have done the smart thing and maintained a low profile. When you get attacked in the many ways that they did, the smartest thing you can do is protect yourself and what your are vested in. I can understand some negative feelings towards the whole situation as I have some myself...but I understand somewhat to an extent what they went through and I could have done nothing better myself with that much of a burden over my own head. They played a class act the whole way through and they did it in the best interest of the company, the software, and the future of the community when you think about it.

A license extension allows you to submit support tickets and such if need be, you can't constantly add features...you just end up with bloat...the only small updates that I think must come on clockwork or at random intervals are the ones that are based on bug fixes and third party software ...jQuery, swfupload, the editor, random libraries, ect...with major version increments of a software title adding major features and functionality.

If you really need to wait then wait for an update to the software...I am sure after some celebration from the outcome of the case the guys went back to doing what they do all day...which is write code and design kickass software, give them some time and I am sure with a guarantee now that allows them to freely operate their business with autonomy and without being under duress they will be back to full steam in no time if they aren't already.

If for you the only answer is to wait...then you have already received the best advice you're going to get and it is from yourself...you know your own situation best and therefor you are the only one that can weigh out your options with any sort of conclusions based on the merits of your situation.

Surprised to see my newly purchased license was also extended. This is what is going to make the difference, customer service. I was surly not looking for an extension, as I just purchased, admittedly after the good news. But I was heading this way as phpBB development is not moving fast enough for me, and I do not believe they are going to implement any form of CMS.
Well... either way, I am here and hope for good things to come!!!

The license extension certainly is a nice touch, it seems to have effected two of my four licenses. If they can knock it out of the park with the release of 1.2, that'll be the big thing though, and I hope they do it.

My only gripe is that I've never had to use the official "ticket support". I've worked it out tho... it's all just a clever marketing ploy for us to think we are getting something extra... :cautious:

Damn you xenForo, damn you! :coffee:

Very nice, I have until August 2014. :) Now the excitement is back in the air, anxiously awaiting for new features. Also can't wait to hear god's voice again in the upcoming HYS videos. :p

Thank you. A wonderful generous gift to the XF community.
I thought we might get a month's extension but no that would be petty and KAM are not petty.

Personally I have gained much out the the quieter period, just getting on with my sites and actually being able to keep up with all the addons. Now of course it'll all explode. Bracing myself!

KAM and our mods JSLD zillion thank you.

Only to someone who knew already that the tread was relative...to someone who wasn't aware of an announcement...that thread title could sound like a flame thread and they might have skipped it.

And your point?

We've had 100's of gripe threads through this ordeal. After such a gesture of goodwill, is there really anything wrong with two "thankyou" threads?

I think it's great. Let's all try and support the developers by trying to be positive now and look forward to the future of Xenforo. All the doom and gloom didn't happen. The naysayers were wrong. Xenforo is alive and well.

Top Bottom