1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank You

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Mr Lucky, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

I'd just like to say thank you to the very helpful people here. I bought a licence yesterday, migrating from vbulletin 4, have many noob questions and they have been answered very quickly and helpfully, both via ticket and forum

What a huge contrast with the slow, painful and sometimes arrogant responses from vbulletin support.

2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You're welcome :)

3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

A very good decision. Welcome to xenforo - It just works. :)

4. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

@pete thomas - good to hear you're having a positive experience so far. (y)

Just out of interest - what's the URL for your forums?

5. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

This really is the best support forum for any Forum software I've seen.

6. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

The forum is cafesaxophone.com but is still on vbulletin, I have not yet gone live with xenforo, I still have a bit more work to do on the test migration and a lot if learning about xenfor permissions etc. plus convincing my forum members that this is the way forward, often people don't like change.

7. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

lol ... I've just googled --- site:cafesaxophone.com "baker street" --- and, yup, loads of results (more, even, than "pink panther"). :ROFLMAO:

For some reason I can't see to get at your site right now, but if you want to tips and advice on how to plan and roll-out the migration to XF just ask those of us who've already been through it, here, in the Forum Management forum - and we'll tell you about some of the pitfalls and how to "smooth" the process in terms of your membership.

I expect they'll enjoy XF once they realise how well it works ... put it this way, I can't remember seeing a "I'm going back to vB" thread in recent history. (y)

Cheers,
    Shaun :D