Thank you.

We have similar rules in Canada too, province to province.

Get on the ferry to Newfoundland and Labrador, and then immediately get back on to cross back to Nova Scotia. You can not get back on the ferry without going through the car wash. Your car is washed thoroughly on the outside and then inspected for plants and vacuumed out on the inside. You do not need to have this done, it is your choice. Though if you do not, your car stays in Newfoundland and Labrador.

These "rules" may seem dumb to people, but they are in place to help stop the spread of diseases and insects to other areas. If more Countries had such rules in place and enforced them, then maybe there would be more farmable lands available.
Can I ask you though Lawrence ..does this effect every driver on the ferry...what I mean is ...they literally go in every single car crossing over or it doesn't cross? If so....that is how it should be done. Then I would believe it to be an honorable process with real intention and a chance to do what their mission is.

My problem with the one in Cali is they show in the video I posted, while they are in the checkpoint letting cars and other RV's pass right through. The big issue to me is all the searches they do are a waste unless every car is screened if it is just one plant that can do so much damage.

Can I ask you though Lawrence ..does this effect every driver on the ferry...what I mean is ...they literally go in every single car crossing over or it doesn't cross? If so....that is how it should be done. Then I would believe it to be an honorable process with real intention and a chance to do what their mission is.

My problem with the one in Cali is they show in the video I posted, while they are in the checkpoint letting cars and other RV's pass right through. The big issue to me is all the searches they do are a waste unless every car is screened if it is just one plant that can do so much damage.

Each car/truck must pass through the vehicle wash building, there is no other way to enter the ferry.

There is no point in checking a random person/car if there is a valid reason for a check to be in place. Everyone or no one, :)

Top Bottom