Thank God Kier is Back!

Haltech

Hi everyone, i had just gotten back from IB's finest to see if 4.07 or whatever the hell they call it was coming out soon. I've got 6 new communties to start up and was going to purchase some 3.8.6 licenses until 4.1 was out. After reading the licensed user forum, i found a link to here. Now, let me be perfectly clear on some things:

1) I was in a really crappy mood having to surf IB's forum only to find 80% of the people pissed off.
2) I saw some IB cheerleaders and i felt the need to vomit in my mouth
3) I said to myself " i can't believe i'm considering moving to 4.0 "
4) I really wish there was something better out there. IPB is a joke imho.
5) I found Kier! THANK YOU!

Ok, the person who posted the link on VB really has some balls because i'm sure i would of heard about this place, later than sooner. So, thank you brave one, i'm sure you will be banned tomorrow however!

How is everyone? I'm so happy to know i wont be stuck with either IB or IPB in 6 or so months!

Welcome :) We hope you like what you see and get to use it in due course.
2 things to mention, for clarity, Kier and Mike have worked (very hard) together to create XenForo. The other thing is that bashing of other products is not on ;)

Enjoy!

Hi everyone, i had just gotten back from IB's finest to see if 4.07 or whatever the hell they call it was coming out soon. I've got 6 new communties to start up and was going to purchase some 3.8.6 licenses until 4.1 was out. After reading the licensed user forum, i found a link to here. Now, let me be perfectly clear on some things:

1) I was in a really crappy mood having to surf IB's forum only to find 80% of the people pissed off.
2) I saw some IB cheerleaders and i felt the need to vomit in my mouth
3) I said to myself " i can't believe i'm considering moving to 4.0 "
4) I really wish there was something better out there. IPB is a joke imho.
5) I found Kier! THANK YOU!

Ok, the person who posted the link on VB really has some balls because i'm sure i would of heard about this place, later than sooner. So, thank you brave one, i'm sure you will be banned tomorrow however!

How is everyone? I'm so happy to know i wont be stuck with either IB or IPB in 6 or so months!

Well, be prepared to spend countless hours in reading interesting stuff about development of xF, check the incredible teaser videos, check many great features and last but not least: I hope your coffee supplies are enough for the coming days.

funny thing is... that the number of positive comments on this board is even more then the negative ones on the vB 4.0 boards (and from what I've seen that is hard :p )
... The other thing is that bashing of other products is not on ;)
to make sure you didn't see that as bashing, I'll say that I didn't comment on vb 4.0 myself :p but just 'objectively' compared to post count ;)

I've taken to reading "Kier" as a collective noun that translates roughly to "Kier's Team" in threads like these, as I think people simply associate my name with a way of producing software and communicating about it - nobody really knows what I used to do behind the scenes and what was done by the rest of the team, so the reference necessarily points to everyone involved in the production of XenForo.

Mind you, Kier might just be posting that to get brown points and increase his "likes" :D

Just kiddddding :)

Haltech! It's so nice to see you here. And sorry to hear vB4 isn't what you were hoping IB would turn vBulletin in to.

It's good to see they have published their short term road map about no longer developing version 4.0, skipping up to 4.1, and mentioning it's probably their last version before you have to pay for 5.0 again next year.

That helps build confidence that keeping a very close eye on XenForo is a good thing to do and helps you make a more realistic choice about the future of your sites.

For me it went from being stuck on 3.8 or closing it down.
To
Being able to convert and upgrade to a modern web solution "that gets it".

Play around, learn a lot, watch the videos, and ask questions after searching. Share your feedback and report the bugs.

We're at a unique stage during development of this product where the users have an important input. Where the code isn't quite at 'codefreeze' yet.

Anyway, good to see your face here too, and glad to hear your first impression is positive about XenForo.

Been good, just having trouble with money. :(

I want to launch websites, but its either I buy vbulletin or bust.... now xenforo is another solution - but that is looking like it requires money, too.

Been good, just having trouble with money. :(

I want to launch websites, but its either I buy vbulletin or bust....but now xenforo is another solution - but that is looking like it requires money, too.
Yes it will require some money, so start saving! It won't be released for a little while so you have some time.

Top Bottom