[TH] Trophies [Deleted]

We had ******* - Credits 1.2.4 installed on our forum along with Trophies by Waindigo 1.0.5. We decided not to use the "credits" addon and uninstalled it. We are now getting a continuous error in our server logs:

Can someone recommend our next action?

(also posting this in the discussion thread for the ******* addon)
Looks like you set up a Trophy with Credits as one of the criteria, now you have uninstalled the add-on this is unavailable and causing an error when checked. If you remember which Trophies (and Notices & Promotions) are using this criteria I recommend either deleting or editing them and your errors will cease.
Oh thanks @Brogan, that's why rebuild wasn't working, deleted and it's all fixed again. I hope now usergroup promotions of this mistake with the trophy criteria (based on points on my forum) are demoted. :)

Edit: It did, everything's perfect again.
This add-on doesn't have the function to remove user trophies, nice touch on demoting affected members ;)
I am getting the following error when uploading the add-on with xF 1.4

Code:
Callback Waindigo_Trophies_Listener_FileHealthCheck::fileHealthCheck is invalid (Invalid Class).

Any ideas on how to fix?
This is a minor error caused by incorrect listeners being uploaded a while ago, it will be phased out as we release updates for all of our add-ons and is nothing to worry about in the meanwhile.

@Waindigo , Hello!
I have a few bugs in the addon.
Categories trophies created
trophies-categories.webp
When you create a trophy, category cannot be selected
trophies-error2.webp
Trophies is not displayed on the page of its account
trophies-error1.webp
In Server Error Logs - there are no errors

Try creating some more categories with one of those categories as a parent category. This is a limitation of the add-on. If you'd like to discuss removing this limitation, please send me a PM to discuss contributing towards this.

Could we give you a list of reasons a person could win a new trophy. I have a few ideas that people could earn trophies for doing things on my board. I just dont have the options to set it up.

I 100% agree with @Autonamus

A progress bar, showing the overall progress of the trophies you already won, highlighting the ones you already got would be just A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Give the sense of progression to our users is just great.

Also the option since it's easy to make possible, to display trophies in a profile tab to make people have one better way to show them and giving the users motivation to get them all! :)

Also i think @Shelley would like this add-on idea as we discussed in another thread some time ago.
i like this idea

I need a Leaderboard based on Trophy points....

I'm going to post this in the addon requests, but since I'm using your Trophies and Trophy Categories I figured I'd post here first...you guys interested in developing this for me? Anyone else who uses this addon might find this helpful for your users?
thanks!
Leslie

I've got a site where I plan to use Trophy Points for the User Title Ladder. I'll also use Trophy Points to track overall achievement for users in the site. We're planning to give trophies for both internal and external achievements (external via a form submission and manual trophy assignment) and I'd like to create a user-group filtered Leaderboard for Trophy Points. Where each User-group would have a separate leaderboard and the User groups could have overlapping members, thus allowing me to create a leaderboard for any set of users in the site by creating a user group and creating a leaderboard for that group.

The addon should create a view of the leaderboard where...
The layout should be single lines with the avatar of the user, userid linked to profile and the total points, in points descending order.
The position should be either manually recalculated or calculated on an input schedule ( I am thinking monthly so manually is fine)
The page would show the top 10..but it would be nice for this to be configurable (definitely just nice to have) in cases where there are less than 10 users in the group or I want to display more.

Another nice to have would be the ability to configure the leaderboard for certain categories of trophies. I see that as a future enhancement unless its very simple.

@Waindigo, point values under the title does not show up if I don't add an image first
View attachment 92046
I found why in your trophy template modification

Code:
${2}
<xen:if is="{$trophy.iconUrl}">
<p class="description">{xen:phrase points}: {$trophy.trophy_points}</p>
</xen:if>
Changed it to just
Code:
${2}
<p class="description">{xen:phrase points}:

^ I believe that is intentional because if you don't upload the image it shows the number of points it is worth to the left of the description (5, in the pic you posted)

^ I believe that is intentional because if you don't upload the image it shows the number of points it is worth to the left of the description (5, in the pic you posted)
You are probably right (y)
Just wanted the trophies info to look all the same on my site regardless of images or not.

@Jon W can you tell me why i cannot assign a trophie to a category?

efdNV.png

efdOT.png

???

Yeah, those aren't trophies - though if fact we do have Jon's Trophies add-on installed and are in the process of customizing our trophies as well.

Those are actually modified usergroup banners (or badges or icons) showing membership in certain usergroups (if you hover over them on TAZ you'll see which usergroup each one represents). This spiffy customization was developed by @Steve F and it's more than a simple template edit - it comes with it's own style properties:

upload_2015-2-2_11-47-45-png.97001

@Jon W I am new to xenForo but I am learning it fast.

To make the icons look the way I want on mobile, I need change the template a little. Where do you use waindigo_trophy_icons_trophies? Currently, the trophies are displayed in a paragraph as images wrapped in links. I am looking to update that markup to use list items.

I will share my code after I am done so if you like my changes you could use them in your next update.

Is there a way to set it so administrators can decide waht trophies are displayed? For example, "Only contest trophies are displayed on profile" or "Only Donation Trophies are displayed"?

Top Bottom