[TH] Style Switch [Deleted]

Is this fully compatible on 2.2 RC 1?
Not [TH] but the answer is no.

I currently do run it on 2.2 RC 1 but had to disable one of the template edits. I use the add-on for autodetect and don't use the switcher because it is confusing when using autodetect.

You can see my implementation at https://www.canesinsight.com, just switcher your device from between dark and light modes.

ps. I am the same person that replied to your thread on TAZ.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 5.17.17 PM.webp

Not [TH] but the answer is no.

I currently do run it on 2.2 RC 1 but had to disable one of the template edits. I use the add-on for autodetect and don't use the switcher because it is confusing when using autodetect.

You can see my implementation at https://www.canesinsight.com, just switcher your device from between dark and light modes.

ps. I am the same person that replied to your thread on TAZ.

View attachment 235202
Thank you so much. I'll take a look into it!

Hi,

Could you guys use an alternative to "document.write()" found in file "/js/themehouse/styleswitch/preamble.js"? It seems to be appearing in my PageSpeeds insights as medium-high for performance issues. After research, it's apparent that the JavaScript function is a "bad form" and there are other better alternatives.

Hi,

Could you guys use an alternative to "document.write()" found in file "/js/themehouse/styleswitch/preamble.js"? It seems to be appearing in my PageSpeeds insights as medium-high for performance issues. After research, it's apparent that the JavaScript function is a "bad form" and there are other better alternatives.
I'll note this down and pass it along to our developers. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Im totally confused with autodetect mode in switcher. If I toggle it, style changed from light to dark or viceversa, but how I can enable/disable autodetect mode separately!! from changing light/dark styles?

may be user would be use dark style with autodetect ON
or light style with autodetect OFF

this is the step that keeps me from making purchases

Im totally confused with autodetect mode in switcher. If I toggle it, style changed from light to dark or viceversa, but how I can enable/disable autodetect mode separately!! from changing light/dark mode?

may be user would be use dark mode with autodetect ON
or light mode with autodetect OFF

this is the step that keeps me from making purchases
It is really confusing and the explanation they put up is not enough for inexperienced users. @Dalton Prock kindly went through the steps with me via their chat on their website. I don't think I can get the transcript back up but you could try over there?

As I understand it, the style switcher was designed to echo the status of the operating system, so the site automatically goes into dark mode if the OS is set for dark mode. Behavior other than that, I think the user has the option to choose whichever theme they want to use. I would use this add-on myself, but I have a handful of light themes and two dark themes, so there is no clear light/dark path for my site to follow.

This is exactly how I've got this set up, and I too can't get autodetect to work. Ticket opened with TH for it.

It’s a confusing set up. But if your default theme is dark then you’d select the auto theme too in the dark style definitions option. If light, then select the auto theme in the light style definitions. I hope that made sense!
Yes, this is what TH told me to do via the support ticket, however, there is now a bug where it breaks all the font awesome icons.

Yes, this is what TH told me to do via the support ticket, however, there is now a bug where it breaks all the font awesome icons.
I’m shocked that they still haven’t fixed this issue even though it’s been reported by numerous others from several months ago. You’ll need to disable the “helper_js_global” template modification with description “Add noscript to main CSS when necessary”. This should fix it.

I’m shocked that they still haven’t fixed this issue even though it’s been reported by numerous others from several months ago. You’ll need to disable the “helper_js_global” template modification with description “Add noscript to main CSS when necessary”. This should fix it.
Yep, that's fixed it :)

I also purchased this for the auto detect feature which is actually unusable as it breaks all the text input icons. This is the first TH addon I've not been impressed with.

I also purchased this for the auto detect feature which is actually unusable as it breaks all the text input icons. This is the first TH addon I've not been impressed with.
If you are experiencing issues with icons breaking, add public:fa.css within Style Switch's options sections "Additional stylesheets to load" for both the light and dark theme. Thereafter you shouldn't have the problem with icons being shown as broken thereafter.

If you are experiencing issues with icons breaking, add public:fa.css within Style Switch's options sections "Additional stylesheets to load" for both the light and dark theme. Thereafter you shouldn't have the problem with icons being shown as broken thereafter.
This is what fully fixed it for me per the ticket, and we’ve since gone live with it 👍

Top Bottom