[BP] Light Switch and Style Chooser [Deleted]

Hey I just got your message. I added a class in the container on the next release to make it easier. But for now you could add this to the template extra.less which is where all your css changes are supposed to go.
I use extra.less often. However, that use is defined by copy and paste. :LOL:

Unfortunately, that little bit of code didn't work. Even changing the percent had no effect.

I use extra.less often. However, that use is defined by copy and paste. :LOL:

Unfortunately, that little bit of code didn't work. Even changing the percent had no effect.

You could simply use the same class and define the width and height by px or even percentage. It didn't work because that's mainly the responsive design end of images. They are always supposed to have a max-width of 100% and a height of auto.

Try defining a width and height like for example.

CSS:
.p-nav-opposite img {
width: 45px;
height: 45px;
}

It's the correct class to alter I guarantee you that but you can never expect max-width to work on images. Altering that code should do the trick

Hi @Brad Padgett , version for 2.0.x users is avaiable?

I can give you the one I'm using for my own site but I cannot provide support for it. I'm only providing support for 2.1.x because there's no reasonable way to upload old versions ahead of new ones when it comes to updating them. I will private message you and send it to you

I can give you the one I'm using for my own site but I cannot provide support for it. I'm only providing support for 2.1.x because there's no reasonable way to upload old versions ahead of new ones when it comes to updating them. I will private message you and send it to you
Ok, Thank you very much and I'm waiting for a private message :)

Brad Padgett updated [BP] Light Switch and Style Chooser with a new update entry:

UI.X 2 styles compatibility and a couple additions

This add-on is now compatible with UI.X 2 except for the footer position of the style chooser. UI.X 2 footer is too customized to get it to work with the footer. Style chooser will now work in the sub-nav or the header on UI.X 2. Light Switch now will not display multiple times on UI.X 2 and will now display to the right of alerts correctly on UI.X 2 if the option "display to the right of search" is chosen.

A couple options added.

• Disable on mobile (for both chooser and switch)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

how about auto-switch light/dark in specific time window (related to the time of the user)?

Well I'm trying to keep the add-on as minimal as possible. Basically do the 2 things it was meant for. Any updates I bring will be improvements to the main functionality. This add-on is a template modification with options and style properties and that type of functionality would need php code which for the sake of 'minimal' I want to keep this strictly XF 2 syntax. Someone requested a toggle switch which I have not put together as it requires javascript but considered it possibly at a later date when I have time to mess around with it. Either way I would rather not delve into php for this particular add-on.

I have the Style chooser Colors on Header. It´s possible to hide the option of the "active" color?
Example: Green, Red and Blue styles. When user have the blue style (ID 10) just see the Green and Red chooser.

Great work!

Is it possible to change the size of the font-awesome icon?

Also the light bulb is stranged place in my theme. Is there a code, that i can place it hardcoded in style or in the navigation manager?

This add-on is a nice idea :)

Is it possible to change the size of the font-awesome icon?

Also the light bulb is stranged place in my theme. Is there a code, that i can place it hardcoded in style or in the navigation manager?

This add-on is a nice idea :)

Yes add this to extra.less template to change the size of the icon:

CSS:
       .switch-username .fa-lightbulb::before, .light-switch .fa-lightbulb::before {
font-size: 16px !important;
}

You can change the font-size to your liking.

As far as changing the placement it would require making a new template modification and injecting it somewhere else. This is a bit more advanced to do as you would need to enable debug/development mode and I don't suggest doing this unless you know what your doing or have someone helping you but it is possible. Not sure why the 2 choice areas won't suffice though. Works on most themes.

Yeah it looks a little strange in my board. Thats left from the username:

Thats if you make it smaller (not mobile size), its overlapping:

And thats right from the search, i like it more, but...

...it also a bit far away, but no problem. Problem is, if you minimize the size a little (not mobile style), than this happens:

I know, that this is just a compatiblity problem with my style i use, but thats the reason i think, it would be nice, to have the option, to place it free (hardcode) in the template. May be one or two codelines just for placement? Than could everybody use it, if it it not working in in theire custom styles.

Anyway, thx for the add-on :), may be i find a solution.

Last edited:
@Hoerspiel this is a very old add-on that I have not updated. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with some adjustments but I do not intend to continue supporting it since I made it for a custom style a very long time ago. I apologize for any inconvenience but will link you to a better add-on that does the same thing where the size is adjusted properly. When I made it for my site I wanted the light bulb bigger so that's why it was big that way. It was just what I had preferred.

I have provided a link to this add-on below. There's nothing wrong with mine but the adjustment factor didn't take to well to the size of the bulb and certain styles had alignment problems depending on what style it was. The link below is an add-on made by Xentr and I actually use it myself on my site.

The sites in a different language and sometimes is a struggle to sign up but it shouldn't be too hard to sign up since that's all you have to do and it will let you download it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have asked Xenforo staff to remove this specific resource that I have made such a long time ago.

Top Bottom