[cXF] Light and dark mode switch

[cXF] Light and dark mode switch [Paid] 1.1.1

No permission to buy (€18.00)
This is great - I'd love it if you could switch between more styles, also a svg icon with colour palette or something.

I have enabled view permissions for not logged in group. They can see the switch but the styles don't change.

Am I missing a setting maybe?

Hm, behaviour certainly is very strange. Some pages are light and some in the dark style. Maybe this has to do something with caching for guests? Not sure, I don't know how to replicate this.

Could you possibly make a slight change to this?

'Set text on icon hover' be set for both light and dark mode so that it could hover as "Change to light mode" and "Change to dark mode" from the respective opposites. Also, 'Set the switch icon' to both as well so I can set the light mode to a sun and the dark mode to a moon, where the opposite would show up on the opposite style.

Together, when configured like this the moon would show up on the light mode and switch it to dark mode (hover would be "Switch to dark mode") and when it's on the dark mode the sun would show up (hover would be "Switch to light mode").

It is already possible to do it like that. On the light style, I have the Moon icon with hover text Dark mode, on the dark style I have the Light icon with the text Light mode.

I hope I understand it right.

Reactions: frm
It is already possible to do it like that. On the light style, I have the Moon icon with hover text Dark mode, on the dark style I have the Light icon with the text Light mode.

I hope I understand it right.
D'oh. Didn't think of that. It works as I explained now.

I was editing the parent style so it inherited instead.

BassMan updated [cXF] Light and dark mode switch with a new update entry:

• CHANGE: style ID of the switched style is set in the style properties

Now you can have more Light styles and set the switched style (i.e. Dark style) for any of the Light ones.

To see it live as a demo look at SynoForum.com - The Unofficial Synology Forum. You can switch between Light and Dark style AND VertiLight and VertiDark style. To choose VertiLight style, switch the style from the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello
After installing add-on "[Kirby] Font Awesome Manager 1.2.7", I lost the "Lightbulb" symbol. How can I fix this?

Hello
After installing add-on "[Kirby] Font Awesome Manager 1.2.7", I lost the "Lightbulb" symbol. How can I fix this?
Hello,

I'm not using this add-on. Maybe you need to add that icon to the add-on. Not sure.

Reactions: Dkf
I'm not using this add-on. Maybe you need to add that icon to the add-on. Not sure.
I believe that is correct, otherwise it won’t load icons outside of the core xenForo ones. You need to add the correct version in the Font Awesome addons options, eg whether it is the regular or solid or whatever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom