[BP] Light Switch and Style Chooser [Deleted]

Brad Padgett updated [BP] Light Switch and Style Chooser with a new update entry:

simple mismatched colors of light bulb when ending logout sessions for dark style defaults

There was a simple mismatching of light bulb on/off colors when directly logging out or ending logout sessions. Only the user who was directly logging out would have seen it. This applies only if your dark style is set as default. Light style as default was not affected.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi

There is any way to put the Style chooser Colors on Header or Footer Instead of placing them in the Forum bar?

Hi

There is any way to put the Style chooser Colors on Header or Footer Instead of placing them in the Forum bar?

It would require a custom fix. Give me a bit and I will make it happen. Maybe a week or 2 tops. Much sooner probably I would just need to do something custom.

Hi

There you go. Done. To enable footer or header simply go to options -> [BP] Light Switch and Style Chooser -> go to the bottom where the style chooser option is and pick it from the drop down menu. I hope you like :D

It works beautifully, Brad.

Where can I adjust the size? Playing around, 75% fits my style easier.

a.webp

It works beautifully, Brad.

Where can I adjust the size? Playing around, 75% fits my style easier.

View attachment 197425

Hey I just got your message. I added a class in the container on the next release to make it easier. But for now you could add this to the template extra.less which is where all your css changes are supposed to go.

CSS:
.p-nav-opposite img {
max-width: 75% !important;
}

Also I wanted to add that you could opt. for a font awesome light bulb if you preferred that. I added the image in just in case someone liked it better or wanted to put their own image in place of it. Check style properties if you preferred the font awesome version. I'm currently working on a new feature requested by @Upgrayedd to add a toggle switch with some text to show when the lights are on or off. I should be releasing it before too long. Let me know how that works out for you

Last edited:
@Upgrayedd I updated my code. The class .p-nav-opposite appears more than once. So that code if you add it to the template "extra.less" will fix your issue. The code I posted before would make it where they all disappear. This will stop it from appearing in those areas.
That does work, but the option to have it appear to the right of search does not work with the UI.X styles. It appears to the left, regardless. Just so you know.

That does work, but the option to have it appear to the right of search does not work with the UI.X styles. It appears to the left, regardless. Just so you know.

Something else must be going on then. The right of search option uses the exact same class and the only difference is a simple float: right and float:left. I don't see how that would be specific to a UI.X style. If you go to where its supposed to be over in inspect element does it show the div/image at all? I'm willing to fix it I just need more info

Something else must be going on then. The right of search option uses the exact same class and the only difference is a simple float: right and float:left. I don't see how that would be specific to a UI.X style. If you go to where its supposed to be over in inspect element does it show the div/image at all? I'm willing to fix it I just need more info
This is all I see where it should be:

Last edited:
But also I've found that there's other problems with other TH styles. I use their Classic style, for example, and see this, even with the recommended code in extra.less:

I'm wondering if an option to just position it somewhere else might get around problems with some of these styles, at least the TH ones.

But also I've found that there's other problems with other TH styles. I use their Classic style, for example, and see this, even with the recommended code in extra.less:

View attachment 197443
I'm wondering if an option to just position it somewhere else might get around problems with some of these styles, at least the TH ones.

I have a copy of UI.X 2 for 2.0.x

And @Upgrayedd was able to send me the PAGE_CONTAINER code so i could post an update. I could probably just add an option that you could check if you had UI.X styles and then it would put the items in the appropriate places. When I finish this new feature I was adding I will update it with that option so it will work on UI.X styles. I will update it soon and let you know

View attachment 197443

In the mean time I can give you the working css if you'd like. Let me know or send me a private conversation so I can take a look if it's important to you :D

In the mean time I can give you the working css if you'd like. Let me know or send me a private conversation so I can take a look if it's important to you :D
Well, only if you're talking about weeks or months from now. But if you think you'll have a fix in the next few days, I can just wait. Been living without it this long, after all. :)

Well, only if you're talking about weeks or months from now. But if you think you'll have a fix in the next few days, I can just wait. Been living without it this long, after all. :)

I like to give myself some room and never guarantee time frames but I'll be fixing it tonight if I can. At least I'll be up all night tonight setting it up. Just depends on how much work I get done. Could be tonight, could be in a few days but no more than a week at the very most. I always give a later time frame then it actually is just in case I get boggled with something else. I'm trying for tonight or tomorrow.

I like to give myself some room and never guarantee time frames but I'll be fixing it tonight if I can. At least I'll be up all night tonight setting it up. Just depends on how much work I get done. Could be tonight, could be in a few days but no more than a week most likely. I always give a later time frame then it actually is just in case I get boggled with something else. I'm trying for tonight or tomorrow.
It's not life or death, and it's not like we paid for it, so by all means please do get some sleep. We'll live! But thank you, appreciate you sharing it and all your continuing work on it.

It's not life or death, and it's not like we paid for it, so by all means please do get some sleep. We'll live! But thank you, appreciate you sharing it and all your continuing work on it.

No worries. The issue is not a difficult one to fix and I enjoy helping others with something useful. I will let you know when it's released.

Top Bottom