[TH] Star Rating for Custom Fields (Custom Field XML) [Deleted]

Jon W

I have many questions ...

In the screenshots it looks like the thread starter rates the thread, is that correct? That seems a bit strange. Who can rate the thread? Could it be restricted so that only those who have posted in the thread can rate it? Is an average rating displayed anywhere, assuming others than the thread starter can rate it also?

Could this add-on work like a rating system? Let's say I start several threads for different products. Could the threads be displayed in order of highest to lowest rating? Is the rating displayed in the forum's list of threads?

SO this does exactly what custom fields+the star ratings add-on did? Just in one add-on?
No, this still requires the Custom Fields add-on. The new version (which supports this resource) will be released at midday today.

In the screenshots it looks like the thread starter rates the thread, is that correct? That seems a bit strange. Who can rate the thread? Could it be restricted so that only those who have posted in the thread can rate it? Is an average rating displayed anywhere, assuming others than the thread starter can rate it also?

Could this add-on work like a rating system? Let's say I start several threads for different products. Could the threads be displayed in order of highest to lowest rating? Is the rating displayed in the forum's list of threads?
This is not just for rating threads. It could be used, for example, for providing a review in a thread -- the thread starter could give a book, game, or anything else a rating in several different categories (i.e. price, enjoyability, etc.). It can also be used for resources, library articles and posts. In the case of posts, the person replying to the thread will also be able to give their rating (no screenshot for this yet).

As for ordering threads from highest to lowest, the Custom Fields add-on would probably not be suitable for this.

Well if its like his original separated add-ons it was meant for more of review type situation rather than user(s) rating the thread.

WHOOP.
I got ninja'd by the man himself ;) good work waindigo

No, this still requires the Custom Fields add-on. The new version (which supports this resource) will be released at midday today.

This is not just for rating threads. It could be used, for example, for providing a review in a thread -- the thread starter could give a book, game, or anything else a rating in several different categories (i.e. price, enjoyability, etc.). It can also be used for resources, library articles and posts. In the case of posts, the person replying to the thread will also be able to give their rating (no screenshot for this yet).

As for ordering threads from highest to lowest, the Custom Fields add-on would probably not be suitable for this.
This sounds quite interesting... I think more screenshots would be useful! Or is there a demo site? Or does some other site have it installed already?

This sounds quite interesting... I think more screenshots would be useful! Or is there a demo site? Or does some other site have it installed already?
We will be setting up a demo of this on waindigo.com soon.

"The provided file is not an add-on XML file."
That's because the provided file is not an add-on XML file. It is a custom fields XML file.

Please go to the appropriate page for importing a custom field.

Admin CP -> Users -> Custom User Fields -> Import
Admin CP -> Applications -> Custom Thread Fields -> Import
Admin CP -> Applications -> Custom Post Fields -> Import
Admin CP -> Applications -> Custom Resource Fields -> Import

Yes, just seen that, my bad. I should have read the first. :P

Now, when I'm trying to import it, I get :

Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'display_callback_class' in 'field list'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
  8. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Waindigo/CustomFields/Extend/XenForo/Model/UserField.php at line 275
  9. Waindigo_CustomFields_Extend_XenForo_Model_UserField->importFieldXml() in Waindigo/CustomFields/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/UserField.php at line 82
  10. Waindigo_CustomFields_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_UserField->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs/admin.php at line 13
Hope not my fault again !
I've of course Custom Fields (1.1.0) installed.

Have you run the update XML script for the 1.1.0 add-on? It seems that you are missing a column in the xf_user_field table that should have been added as part of the update.

Did you receive any errors during install/update?

Please could you try running the add-on update XML script again?

Top Bottom