[TH] Reactions [Deleted]

^^ He's right ^^ I've been watching this and contemplating purchasing it despite not getting a previous question answered. But at this point, with those policies, I definitely don't want to just roll the dice.

@Tasanar

The upgrade from xf1 to xf2 isn't a normal upgrade, it's essentially a new software and all of the add-ons have to be completely rebuilt. We are offering a discount for upgrading from xf1 versions of add-ons to the xf2 versions. That said, this add-on doesn't even have an xf1 equivalent that we make, so there wouldn't be an upgrade path for this anyways

That is very disheartening. Especially for those of us with 5+ addons (7 here). Even Xenforo was just a free upgrade with an active license, and most of their 2.0 additions help streamline custom content. As someone who already upgraded, these addons are now useless. Now I am expected to pay more to use them once they are upgraded? Since other companies, and even Xenforo, do not do this I would suggest re-thinking this stance. Alienating current customs just to benefit the bottom line is not the best practice.
If Xenforo created a whole new addon you would have to pay for it. Just like this one, it's an entirely new addon, why would you get it free? You have never bought this addon before to get a upgrade free. Just stating the obvious mate sorry.

If Xenforo created a whole new addon you would have to pay for it. Just like this one, it's an entirely new addon, why would you get it free? You have never bought this addon before to get a upgrade free. Just stating the obvious mate sorry.

I did not say THIS addon. I am talking about all the other ones, Credits, Store, ect.

For those of use that purchased similar addons, like Thread Rating, ect and still have active licenses with Theme House, will these be updated to 2.0? A lot of other addon providers I use are just updating us for free, if we have a current active license.

The keyword here was THESE, will THOSE addons be upgraded for free, like Xenforo forums was, with an active license. If the Credits app is re-released why not just get it for free with an active license on it?

The keyword here was THESE, will THOSE addons be upgraded for free, like Xenforo forums was, with an active license. If the Credits app is re-released why not just get it for free with an active license on it?

We're doing this because it requires a very significant amount of time to upgrade these add-ons to XenForo 2. In fact, they have to be completely rebuilt so they are essentially new products that have an upgrade path. We are offering a very significant discount (in fact, the cost will end up being just about what would be paid for the annual renewal) to customers that have an existing license for the XF1 version of the product that will give you an entirely new license for the xf2 product (so you can even continue using the xf1 product on a separate site, if you'd like).

That said, this thread is meant for discussing this specific resource and if you have any questions about our upgrade/support policies you can contact us or create a ticket :)

So I bit the bullet and bought this, first install, no changes. I get this error when any user clicks on a reaction.

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/XF/Entity/Post.php at line 14
XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/XF/Entity/Post.php at line 14
ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Entity\Post->getReactUsers() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 139
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 92
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__get() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/Repository/ReactedContent.php at line 427
ThemeHouse\Reactions\Repository\ReactedContent->checkIfCurrentMaxExceedsPermissions() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/React/AbstractHandler.php at line 177
ThemeHouse\Reactions\React\AbstractHandler->canReactContent() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/Pub/Controller/React.php at line 145
ThemeHouse\Reactions\Pub\Controller\React->assertReactionPermissions() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/Pub/Controller/React.php at line 21
ThemeHouse\Reactions\Pub\Controller\React->actionReact() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 87
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1844
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

So I bit the bullet and bought this, first install, no changes. I get this error when any user clicks on a reaction.

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/XF/Entity/Post.php at line 14
XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/XF/Entity/Post.php at line 14
ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Entity\Post->getReactUsers() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 139
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 92
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__get() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/Repository/ReactedContent.php at line 427
ThemeHouse\Reactions\Repository\ReactedContent->checkIfCurrentMaxExceedsPermissions() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/React/AbstractHandler.php at line 177
ThemeHouse\Reactions\React\AbstractHandler->canReactContent() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/Pub/Controller/React.php at line 145
ThemeHouse\Reactions\Pub\Controller\React->assertReactionPermissions() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/Pub/Controller/React.php at line 21
ThemeHouse\Reactions\Pub\Controller\React->actionReact() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 87
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1844
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13
Tagging @Jake B. will get a response to this in the am with a fix asap.
Also, is there a way to hide the bar below the users avatar?
Yes this should be a setting. Tagging @Dalton Prock to make sure we add how to do this to documentation.

@Mike Creuzer I found the setting to turn the status bar under profile off in Styles properties by unchecking 'Enable total reactions received in postbit' so all good there. I was just unfamiliar with the term "postbit". Some trial and error I figured it out.

For the error, I've also noticed that it only gives that for an existing post that has had no reactions/likes previously. If the post already had been liked before it will allow you to choose a reaction.

But on that note, another issue that brought up was the summary count does not match the actual reaction count.
1508814478208.webp
that is what is shown at the bottom of a post but when you click show all it shows the proper count of 12
1508814579429.webp

I did try to rebuild each cache that was associated with likes or reactions, that did not help so I disabled the addon until the error is fixed :-(

@Kangy sent you a PM with the fixed file (have also uploaded a hot fix overwriting the latest version for anyone else getting this error) have also included questions about the second issue you mentioned so we can attempt to debug this :)

Also, we'll be adding in a tooltip/button style, almost exactly the sameas Facebook, as a new default trigger type.

A single button with a default. Clicking once will trigger that reaction. Clicking and holding will open a tooltip with options. For mobile, same but pressing with finger.

It could just be me but I'm having issues with setting the per forum reactions. I've tried unchecking enable, checking disable, and a few combinations of which. Nothing seems to stick. Could this be due to I'm logged in as an admin and I always see them all? I have one forum that is a project forum and wanted the helpful, creative, etc. Instead of the normal emotion ones but no matter what options I set they all show on all forums.

Thanks

It could just be me but I'm having issues with setting the per forum reactions. I've tried unchecking enable, checking disable, and a few combinations of which. Nothing seems to stick. Could this be due to I'm logged in as an admin and I always see them all? I have one forum that is a project forum and wanted the helpful, creative, etc. Instead of the normal emotion ones but no matter what options I set they all show on all forums.

Thanks

I don't think I've actually tested this feature since a fairly early beta. Let me have a look and make sure it's still working correctly :)

Top Bottom