[TH] Reactions [Deleted]

Hello, i have a custom widget to get the most liked posts, is possible get the post with the most "x" reaction using the "Finder" with this add-on?

Hello, i have a custom widget to get the most liked posts, is possible get the post with the most "x" reaction using the "Finder" with this add-on?

You can get most likes, since we map the reaction to count towards other add-ons that use likes if you set that feature. However I don't think we have top X reaction widgets at the moment.

We're loyal UI.X users, and long-time users of Post Ratings. Around the time Post Ratings was abandoned, we made some suggestions. I hope you'll check them out:

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...kes-to-the-next-level-paid.28475/post-1165824

Specifically the ability to allow certain usergroups (paid, VIP, etc) to give ratings anonymously. We've been looking for that for a long time. Negative ratings with a username attached don't always go well. ;) Also people are sometimes afraid to give legitimate negative reactions for fear of unwarranted/unfair retaliation with ratings on their other posts just because a user is mad they got a negative rating.

Obviously, for those of us who've used Post Ratings for a couple of years, a Post Ratings importer/converter will be critical as well.

You guys rock, keep up the amazing work. We'll have our credit card ready. :cool:

We're loyal UI.X users, and long-time users of Post Ratings. Around the time Post Ratings was abandoned, we made some suggestions. I hope you'll check them out:

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...kes-to-the-next-level-paid.28475/post-1165824

Specifically the ability to allow certain usergroups (paid, VIP, etc) to give ratings anonymously. We've been looking for that for a long time. Negative ratings with a username attached don't always go well. ;) Also people are sometimes afraid to give legitimate negative reactions for fear of unwarranted/unfair retaliation with ratings on their other posts just because a user is mad they got a negative rating.

Obviously, for those of us who've used Post Ratings for a couple of years, a Post Ratings importer/converter will be critical as well.

You guys rock, keep up the amazing work. We'll have our credit card ready. :cool:
Thank you very much for your support over the years, we are very lucky for it.

Of your suggestions:

1. Facebook-style reaction choices / animation

This should be done, see animation on first page. But we also aim to add more 'styles' so you can choose different types of animations. Or just improve them as we go. For now its not exactly like IPB, but its better than a dropdown or just a long horizontal list. It is out of flow as well so shouldn't interfere with anything else on the postbit.

2. Allowing ratings to be anonymous

Made an issue for this here, let me know if this works: https://github.com/Audentio/xf2addon-issues/issues/24

3. Extending it to the XF Media Gallery (and profile posts!!)

We've built it so it will integrate with all official XenForo add-ons, as well as many data structures including, yes, profile posts and many more!

4. Showing "ratings received" instead of "likes" on the "Current Visitors" page and elsewhere

This one I'm not positive on exactly what this refers to, is this something that XF1 did that XF2 does not by chance?

Of your suggestions:

1. Facebook-style reaction choices / animation

This should be done, see animation on first page. But we also aim to add more 'styles' so you can choose different types of animations. Or just improve them as we go. For now its not exactly like IPB, but its better than a dropdown or just a long horizontal list. It is out of flow as well so shouldn't interfere with anything else on the postbit.

2. Allowing ratings to be anonymous

Made an issue for this here, let me know if this works: https://github.com/Audentio/xf2addon-issues/issues/24

3. Extending it to the XF Media Gallery (and profile posts!!)

We've built it so it will integrate with all official XenForo add-ons, as well as many data structures including, yes, profile posts and many more!

4. Showing "ratings received" instead of "likes" on the "Current Visitors" page and elsewhere

This one I'm not positive on exactly what this refers to, is this something that XF1 did that XF2 does not by chance?

thank you mike of u add those

I found a bug, when a user undo the reaction with the like wrapper doesn't subtract the like of the post, but if the same user react with the same reaction again the post get -1 like

Does this still integrate with the like system? I'm wondering if users will still be able to like posts from Tapatalk. I understand custom reactions likely won't work, but so long as likes do, all is well.

i think there is a missing phrase
View attachment 159289
Else works perfectly

Have gotten this sorted for the next release

I found a bug, when a user undo the reaction with the like wrapper doesn't subtract the like of the post, but if the same user react with the same reaction again the post get -1 like

Will take a look into this and see about getting an update out today :)

Does this still integrate with the like system? I'm wondering if users will still be able to like posts from Tapatalk. I understand custom reactions likely won't work, but so long as likes do, all is well.

I don't believe likes from the normal like system currently will register as a reaction without you manually converting likes to reactions in the admin panel. Will get this sorted out and try to get a release today as well!

i think there is a missing phrase
View attachment 159289
Else works perfectly

All of these were fixed in the new update :)

And the XF community is lucky to have you too!! :)

I think that will be a good start.

Oh hmm. This issue specific to the "Post Ratings" plugin, I believe. (For certain usergroups, even when permission was set correctly, it only showed "Likes Received" - not ratings - on user profiles and "Current Visitor" page.) I am sure you don't have to worry about this, it won't be an issue in your plugin.

Will this import the data from Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level add on?

Please add a small text box to say something with the reaction. When receiver hovers/click the rating it shows the message.

Eg..
1. You give a negative/neutral rating to someone and type why you gave a negative rating so the person can learn what he did wrong.
If not he is lost thinking why he got a negative rating and may start a new thread asking for a fight.

If you can add this to positive ratings too but not a must

Top Bottom