[TH] Post Comments [Deleted]

Ah. This reminds me of a question...users are not getting notices when comments are being left on their posts. Is this a feature and if so, have I missed how to turn it on? It's kinda' important because if you have a number of posts, and a few people leave comments, you really want to see them, and it's too much work to have to go and search every thread to see if any of your posts received comments. It'd seem that just like you get notified when a post goes up in a thread you've been participating it, that you'd also get a notice of comments.

Help? :)

Thanks.

Installed with XF 1.5.14; when adding a new comment there is some html inside the form. After sending nothing happens. There are no errors in the log.
Would you be able to provide a screenshot of what html code is showed before sending it?

Ah. This reminds me of a question...users are not getting notices when comments are being left on their posts. Is this a feature and if so, have I missed how to turn it on? It's kinda' important because if you have a number of posts, and a few people leave comments, you really want to see them, and it's too much work to have to go and search every thread to see if any of your posts received comments. It'd seem that just like you get notified when a post goes up in a thread you've been participating it, that you'd also get a notice of comments.

Help? :)

Thanks.
Honestly, I have tested this on our demo forum and it seems that notifications are working when someone comments on someones post so. Are you getting any errors on your forum that may relate to this plugin? How are your user group permissions set up for registered users for this plugin?

I tried it in a testboard with a lot of add-ons and xf 1.5.13; and i cant use it in a running board with XF 1.5.14; one problem could be the extended rating add-on, both substitute the same value in a template, so after the first substitution the value is gone. I will try to fix it and tell you more later. This add-on is a really nice one for me to comment as admin only, it misses the bbcode for URL. Then it would be small and perfect. People who needs more try the ******* one. But i am happy that your version is just a small wonderful tool. So please dont change it or make a second version if you want to extend it one day.

I tried it in a testboard with a lot of add-ons and xf 1.5.13; and i cant use it in a running board with XF 1.5.14; one problem could be the extended rating add-on, both substitute the same value in a template, so after the first substitution the value is gone. I will try to fix it and tell you more later. This add-on is a really nice one for me to comment as admin only, it misses the bbcode for URL. Then it would be small and perfect. People who needs more try the ******* one. But i am happy that your version is just a small wonderful tool. So please dont change it or make a second version if you want to extend it one day.
I see, well keep us updated as like I said I tried this on one of our test boards with no issues.

Is their a way to implement notification/alert when a board member makes a comment of post you have commented on also. So lets say John made a post in a thread, I then made a comment. John would get a notification that i made a comment. Now lets say Jane makes a comment after me but i am no longer on the page. John would get an notification but i will not, even if jane made her comment towards me.

Was wonder if a comment was made the original Poster will be notified and anybody else who made a post comment can be notified also. So everybody can keep track of the conversation.

Is their a way to implement notification/alert when a board member makes a comment of post you have commented on also. So lets say John made a post in a thread, I then made a comment. John would get a notification that i made a comment. Now lets say Jane makes a comment after me but i am no longer on the page. John would get an notification but i will not, even if jane made her comment towards me.

Was wonder if a comment was made the original Poster will be notified and anybody else who made a post comment can be notified also. So everybody can keep track of the conversation.
I believe our add-on already allows this feature. If you have any issues please let us know.

I believe our add-on already allows this feature. If you have any issues please let us know.
Yeah i just tested it again, and it seems to not work for me. I have 3 accounts i used to comment on this one post under 3 different browsers and didn't not get a notification for all 3 accounts.

Yeah i just tested it again, and it seems to not work for me. I have 3 accounts i used to comment on this one post under 3 different browsers and didn't not get a notification for all 3 accounts.
I see about that misinformation then. I will go ahead add this to our Github Issue Tracker then so that it can be fixed in the next update.

Hello :) Are there any plans to upgrade this for XF 2.0 when it is released? (Please do :)) Thanks!
We might consider creating something like this in the future, yes. Be sure to watch xenforo.com or subscribe to our newsletter on themehouse.com for more updates on product releases and so much more.

Due to either a lack of interest for this product or because the previous developer code quality was not in line with our own, this add-on is being open-sourced and price removed. Anyone (developer, commercial, etc.) is free to fork the code for their own purposes.

Support or new releases will no longer be provided on this particular add-on without custom development time. To order that, please contact us. This will allow us to offer better quality support that we are unable to do with a larger selection of add-ons. If you purchased the add-on in the last 12 months, you are welcome to in-store credit for the amount of the purchase price. To do so please create a ticket.

Bummer, I just found this add-on and it's exactly what I was looking for... too bad it's no longer supported.

Are admins and mods exempt from this? I'm trying to test a comment as an admin on another members' thread and it won't work.

Top Bottom