[TH] Post Comments [Deleted]

This addon is brilliant. I have been testing it on my forum. However, it did take a lot of css work to get it to look and function as needed.

The only thing that would be great is to remove that hard limit of 4 deep. It would be nice to set it to 10 or so. Is there a way to do so?

Thanks.
The data structure supports unlimited nesting, but there's only styling for up to four levels. If you'd like, you can manually remove the option maximum, and increase it to whichever limit.

The data structure supports unlimited nesting, but there's only styling for up to four levels. If you'd like, you can manually remove the option maximum, and increase it to whichever limit.
Hi Dalton,

That is good to know! How do I manually remove the maximum nesting option?

Thanks.

Hi @Dalton Prock,

Just wondering if you would be able to let me know how to remove the 4 deep hard limit. I can take care of the styling.

Also, is there a way to sort the comments based on reaction score in the threaded view?

Thanks.

I got this error when post the comment
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'th_best_answer_award_user_id_qaforum' in 'field list' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 228

1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 39
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 54
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 221
  6. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1452
  7. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1184
  8. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Service/Thread/Replier.php at line 167
  9. XF\Service\Thread\Replier->_save() in src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php at line 40
  10. XF\Service\Thread\Replier->save() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/PostComments/XF/Pub/Controller/Post.php at line 145
  11. ThemeHouse\PostComments\XF\Pub\Controller\Post->actionAddComment() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 261
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
  15. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2184
  16. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
  17. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Are there any known incompatibilities with other add-ons, that comments dont appear in the thread? They still get posted as I can see on the "Your content" page - but somehow they don´t make to show up in the thread.

No known ones, but not unlikely that another add-on has an incompatible template modification. Check the template modifications in the acp.

Today I noticed that pressing the comment link below a thread post opens a 2nd editor below that post.... One for comment and one for reply.
It looks odd and is confusing to see two editors.

Not sure when this creeped In? maybe with the current XF 2.1.7 release. Never noticed it before.
To trouble shoot I have disabled every single add-on other then TH User Criteria Extended, Xlink, XPress and I am using the default XF theme.

Post Comments 1.0.2 PL1

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 12.17.21.webp

Today I noticed that pressing the comment link below a thread post opens a 2nd editor below that post.... One for comment and one for reply.
It looks odd and is confusing to see two editors.

Not sure when this creeped In? maybe with the current XF 2.1.7 release. Never noticed it before.
To trouble shoot I have disabled every single add-on other then TH User Criteria Extended, Xlink, XPress and I am using the default XF theme.

Post Comments 1.0.2 PL1

View attachment 218928
I am able to replicate what you are on my demo and can tell you that it is coming from Post Comments not with the latest XenForo release.

When xenforo upgraded to version 2.1.8, threads messages are not displayed by default while this plugin is active. It appears only when you sort by date. So I had to disable the plugin. Urgent solution needed :(

• InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'th_is_qa_qaforum' on XF:Thread[71]
  • src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:194
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(106): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('th_is_qa_qaforu...')
#1 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/thqaforums_post_macros_controls.php(68): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('th_is_qa_qaforu...')
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/post_macros.php(270): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('thqaforums_post...', 'external_contro...', Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/thread_view.php(576): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('post_macros', 'post', Array, Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1315): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#13 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}

OK, so you "evil" developers at ThemeHouse are creating too many good add-ons and sucking up all my money. 😁 Great work! Loving the Flare theme, by the way, and the TH add-ons have been very helpful for my customizations.

But anyway, I have two questions that might help me decide if I need to buy this add-on.

First, does commenting in any way "bump" a thread? We are working on a specific forum in our board where replies will be turned off, and don't want comments to bump up the thread in anyway. (This was a problem that turning off replies is going to cure for us.)

And second, as for comments, do I understand it properly that if I set this to "0":

1585673282669.webp

...that we will get only a comment(s) link at the bottom of the post? Where would that appear? Does anyone have a screenshot of what this might look like? I'm looking to keep clutter to a minimum.

Top Bottom