[TH] NoForo [Deleted]

With regards to the CMS my refusal to accept it as a solution is more with regards to the solution as it was proposed by Adam.

Of course it can be a CMS. The framework you're left with after all the forum stuff is gone is incredibly powerful and can be used to develop fantastic applications.

The solution as proposed by Adam, however, that requires two licenses, single sign on and probably bridging various bits of data between the two systems is mad. If, however, you want a CMS that doesn't want or need a forum system then yeah, of course, it'll be awesome.

With regards to the CMS my refusal to accept it as a solution is more with regards to the solution as it was proposed by Adam.

Of course it can be a CMS. The framework you're left with after all the forum stuff is gone is incredibly powerful and can be used to develop fantastic applications.

The solution as proposed by Adam, however, that requires two licenses, single sign on and probably bridging various bits of data between the two systems is mad. If, however, you want a CMS that doesn't want or need a forum system then yeah, of course, it'll be awesome.
Couldn't agree more.

Demo of NoForo at http://www.deemit.co.uk

I don't currently know what I'm doing with my site, so losing all of the posts forums etc. is no problem.
Thank you. Have you tried running your existing theme as a child/parent of the NoForo theme?

Keep the "FAP" forum please ;)
It's gone.

It was only a few posts and nothing really of any value that we haven't discussed elsewhere.

Couldn't agree more.

Thank you. Have you tried running your existing theme as a child/parent of the NoForo theme?
I am in the process of changing the theme. I'm probably going to install Flexile. When I do, I will install NoForo as a child of that.

hello wandigo,

please create a articlesystem, in that we can post our articles "in one system forum and articles". the best example for a simple solution is : vBadvanced Dynamics http://www.vbadvanced.com/products.php?s=bf0b5ae56f7298c228f3423b3ea39d5a&do=productinfo&productid=7

with that i have had the most succes in my forum history.

i will not use 2 systems. what i need is one system for both " articles and a forum" ! :)

i will not use a bridge or something else. if i must use a bridge or something else-i can use wordpress...........

hello wandigo,

please create a articlesystem, in that we can post our articles "in one system forum and articles". the best example for a simple solution is : vBadvanced Dynamics http://www.vbadvanced.com/products.php?s=bf0b5ae56f7298c228f3423b3ea39d5a&do=productinfo&productid=7

with that i have had the most succes in my forum history.

i will not use 2 systems. what i need is one system for both " articles and a forum" ! :)

i will not use a bridge or something else. if i must use a bridge or something else-i can use wordpress...........
I think we are going off topic a little here. This add-on removes the forum and you are asking for something that has forums in it! o_O

. This could definately be the start point for a CMS system, all it would need I think would be an "easier" way to handle pages and it would be 99% there.
.... go to front end and click the bits you want to edit, stick your content in and bam.
Good work Waindigo.

This is why I'm screaming like a beansidhe for completion of the Library system. Noforo means I can run a whole independent static site through Noforo with all the XF architecture and admin I'm used to. (Currently plodding html site)
Nodes-as-Tabs gives me a powerzap menu bar with dropdowns I can design just as I wish. Option for breadcrumbs.
Integrated Contact Us page no need for extra script.
Easy sidemenu with same design - can run it off one template I build.

Library can do the content with frontend edit once I create a Library to start creating Articles in.
Library is just coincidentally run by Jon too so easy to integrate with Noforo.
It gives me Articles grouped in Libraries which are nodes with all that implies for site hierarchy and permissions (possible premium access content) Articles can be multi-paged/ paginated - all of it can go on a node tree hierarchy as a site map with ToggleMe if it makes too long a page. Library gives pages of snippet previews per Article and of course can embed media etc just like forum post. (The odd page that needs html eg paypal can be an XF Page)

What's missing is integrating Library in Search and Whats New? which we've been waiting patiently for anyway.
Oh and ability to attach documents to an article (or Library?) - pdf rtf doc.
Come on Jon you know I'll pay £££££££££

Yes it would also be cool to have frontend edit on XF Pages because of all their other capacities. But Library is vry nearly there to provide content for Noforo. SO easy to use create pages just like writing a forum post!

Jon £££££££££

What's missing is integrating Library in Search and Whats New? which we've been waiting patiently for anyway.
Isn't search already supported? As for What's New, my preference is to do a separate What's New. If I remember correctly, you would prefer to integrate into the existing What's New, but there are hints in the core code that this is unfinished, so I'd rather not do that.

Oh and ability to attach documents to an article (or Library?) - pdf rtf doc.
I wasn't aware that you were waiting for this.

Yes it would also be cool to have frontend edit on XF Pages because of all their other capacities.
Isn't there already an add-on for this?

Also, thanks for the Gaelic lesson -- I now know what a beansidhe. Thought it was a typo!

Isn't search already supported?
OK mea culpa search is supported. Sorry.

As for What's New, my preference is to do a separate What's New. If I remember correctly, you would prefer to integrate into the existing What's New, but there are hints in the core code that this is unfinished, so I'd rather not do that.

It has to be integrated because of how users behave.
The majority just go to site using a notification link - click Whats New and get stuck in that way.
Most are too lazy or too inept to try a different separate Whats New.

Attaching documents/ pdf
I wasn't aware that you were waiting for this.
:( It was mentioned and you were too important and busy at the time to see to it. ;)

Handling Pages
Isn't there already an add-on for this?
Yes but only via admincp.
Think how we'd all adore you and pay you ;) if you gave us frontend XFPage edit to go with Noforo. ;)

Also, thanks for the Gaelic lesson -- I now know what a beansidhe. Thought it was a typo!
Been writing my Celtic book - for which I need Library finishing.

Looks cool :)
Add some pages with comments and this could be great.

Other ideas:
(1) running addons by themselves ?
ie. could you add http://xenforo.com/community/threads/better-blogs-paid.36836/ and run it by itself ?
(2) any other addon ?
(3) ie. showcase ?
(4) robbo's pending gallery
(5) xenporta ?
Absolutely, nearly all of these add-ons should work. XenPorta may be the exception because it uses threads to create the articles, so it may produce errors.

Top Bottom