[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons

[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons 1.1.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
I am having a heck of a time getting images to properly fit both the node container for the forum and then looking right when you click into the actual forum.. the short box to long stretch really does a bad job on the images. @Dalton Prock a future upgrade idea may be to allow people to set a different image for the node container itself AND the actual forum...since the dimensions are so different.

Has anyone had any luck on getting images to size properly and/or in changing the height of the node containers? My images are always cutting something off somewhere which diminishes the polished look this awesome add on gives.

I also have difficulty with it, and have set it aside for the moment.

I found the best results so far by starting with pictures with dimensions of 400x225, with mostly empty space on the left-hand side, but like you describe, at certain resolutions, the pictures still start getting cut off. Then after all the difficulty of fitting pictures to the nodes, the picture above the forum page is nowhere near the right dimensions, at least not on a desktop browser. It may be better on mobile.

Although I'd like to use the node pictures, I've swapped to a different skin for now.

I also have difficulty with it, and have set it aside for the moment.

I found the best results so far by starting with pictures with dimensions of 400x225, with mostly empty space on the left-hand side, but like you describe, at certain resolutions, the pictures still start getting cut off. Then after all the difficulty of fitting pictures to the nodes, the picture above the forum page is nowhere near the right dimensions, at least not on a desktop browser. It may be better on mobile.

Although I'd like to use the node pictures, I've swapped to a different skin for now.

Its a great feature, I am just hoping ThemeHouse - if possible - revamps and enhances it to allow for those particular challenges. So far, everything from ThemeHouse has been a great asset to my community.

I am having a heck of a time getting images to properly fit both the node container for the forum and then looking right when you click into the actual forum.. the short box to long stretch really does a bad job on the images. @Dalton Prock a future upgrade idea may be to allow people to set a different image for the node container itself AND the actual forum...since the dimensions are so different.

Has anyone had any luck on getting images to size properly and/or in changing the height of the node containers? My images are always cutting something off somewhere which diminishes the polished look this awesome add on gives.
I'm sure this is something we plan on improving in the future as I believe we had some issues created on this same thing.
Hi,

There is a bug on your add-on. When you go to :

ACP -> Forums -> Node layout and styling -> Select style.

If you select a new style (Ex : test 2) and then you go on Default grid options, it will choose back the default style.
I'll review this and report it accordingly.

Is it possible to move the Forum name and Description text to the bottom of the node display where the word more is? I would prefer to have it there and it would be easier to read??

node.webp

Hello,

1/ Just bought this add-on and i'm a little bit confused about using custom icons...
The list of mdi icons page that you propose in your documentation doesn't work. I have read all these pages and tried all the syntax possible nothing works !
  • mdi mdi-account = :mad:
  • mdi mdi-f004 = :mad:
The title's Add-on is: [TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons [Paid] so i think custom icons is a part important of this add-on.
I read, in this diuscussion, a message from a TH member that the MDI icons service was offered in the add-on but you could not do much if it did not work... (???)
I want to use mdi icons as i saw in your documentation. So, how ?
(the FA icons works but they are not as complete and well done, I would not want to use them)

2/ I also read that the background images that also appear in the forums and discussions pages could not be deleted.
Have you planned an option in this way?
In the current state of things it is unusable, knowing that a huge image appears on these pages and it is not at all aesthetic.
I did not want to customize these pages by buying this module, just the nodes.

Thanks.

Hello,

1/ Just bought this add-on and i'm a little bit confused about using custom icons...
The list of mdi icons page that you propose in your documentation doesn't work. I have read all these pages and tried all the syntax possible nothing works !
  • mdi mdi-account = :mad:
  • mdi mdi-f004 = :mad:
The title's Add-on is: [TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons [Paid] so i think custom icons is a part important of this add-on.
I read, in this diuscussion, a message from a TH member that the MDI icons service was offered in the add-on but you could not do much if it did not work... (???)
I want to use mdi icons as i saw in your documentation. So, how ?
(the FA icons works but they are not as complete and well done, I would not want to use them)

2/ I also read that the background images that also appear in the forums and discussions pages could not be deleted.
Have you planned an option in this way?
In the current state of things it is unusable, knowing that a huge image appears on these pages and it is not at all aesthetic.
I did not want to customize these pages by buying this module, just the nodes.

Thanks.
I've started a private conversation with you to help resolve these issues. Hope to hear from you soon! :)

Hi,

There is a bug on your add-on. When you go to :

ACP -> Forums -> Node layout and styling -> Select style.

If you select a new style (Ex : test 2) and then you go on Default grid options, it will choose back the default style.
I am still having the problem, any update on it ?

Is it possible to make 2 column nodes in only ONE category?

View attachment 183773

The question is a little unclear, even with the screenshot. If you mean something like, "I have 5 categories, and I want 3 columns in most, but only 2 columns in one," then yes.

AdminCP -> Forums -> Node Layout and Styling
Upper right corner, there's Default Grid Options. Set maximum columns for what you want in most categories/forums.
The category or categories you specifically want to be different from default, click on the name of the node. In Node Grid, specify a custom maximum for columns. By default it will space them equally, I think, but you can make them asymmetrical with the max width. You can also decide how any extra nodes will be handled.

VPPtbXF.png

The question is a little unclear, even with the screenshot. If you mean something like, "I have 5 categories, and I want 3 columns in most, but only 2 columns in one," then yes.

AdminCP -> Forums -> Node Layout and Styling
Upper right corner, there's Default Grid Options. Set maximum columns for what you want in most categories/forums.
The category or categories you specifically want to be different from default, click on the name of the node. In Node Grid, specify a custom maximum for columns. By default it will space them equally, I think, but you can make them asymmetrical with the max width. You can also decide how any extra nodes will be handled.

VPPtbXF.png

I have 3 categories, and I want 2 columns in one category. In the other 2 categories do not use the grid at all
Is this possible?

I have 3 categories, and I want 2 columns in one category. In the other 2 categories do not use the grid at all
Is this possible?

Yeah, just put Default Grid Options with a maximum 1 column, and then set the other category as 2 columns.

Thanks, but that's not what I need.

grid with 1 column:

View attachment 183779

I need all the nodes to look the default:

View attachment 183780

I didn't realize it was different. Here's something to try then:

AdminCP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Your Skin -> [TH] Nodes: grid
Disable node grid.

Your 'default' when you look in the Node Layout and Styling will now be 'disabled' but you can still set custom values so that the category you want is in two columns.

I'm not sure if it matches perfectly, but my quick test on my own forum seems to work the way you're looking for.

I didn't realize it was different. Here's something to try then:

AdminCP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Your Skin -> [TH] Nodes: grid
Disable node grid.

Your 'default' when you look in the Node Layout and Styling will now be 'disabled' but you can still set custom values so that the category you want is in two columns.

I'm not sure if it matches perfectly, but my quick test on my own forum seems to work the way you're looking for.

thanks for the idea, maybe it will work, but unfortunately I do not know css =(

thanks for the idea, maybe it will work, but unfortunately I do not know css =(

You shouldn't need any CSS for this, it's just a few checkboxes. Make sure you're in [TH] Nodes: grid and not [TH] Nodes: styling.

So it's AdminCP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Your Style -> [TH] Nodes: grid -> Disable node grid

Then AdminCP -> Forums -> Node layout and styling -> Category -> Node Grid -> Maximum Columns = Use Custom Value: Yes; Columns: 2

If that doesn't work, I'll defer to the actual creators for a solution.

thanks for your help, but no changes(
I think this is due to the fact that the node grid is disable...

I have already created a ticket, but so far there is no solution

Hi @ThemeHouse,

i recently bought the addon and i do have a question - is it possible (or, if not, would you consider adding an option) to change the default behaviour of the "post thread" button on the nodes? right now it always opens a new thread popup and i'd need it to just go to the "new thread" page instead.

1537321691205.webp

thanks in advance for the reply and keep up the great work! :)

Cheers

Hi @ThemeHouse,

i recently bought the addon and i do have a question - is it possible (or, if not, would you consider adding an option) to change the default behaviour of the "post thread" button on the nodes? right now it always opens a new thread popup and i'd need it to just go to the "new thread" page instead.

View attachment 183805

thanks in advance for the reply and keep up the great work! :)

Cheers
Great idea. https://github.com/Audentio/xf2addon-issues/issues/756

Top Bottom