[TH] Monetize Lite [Deleted]

Not sure if there is a flaw in the logic being used for user criteria

upload_2015-3-2_10-57-18.webp

So based on this, you need to select which groups CAN see the ads. However, by using the correct XenForo group permissions, ALL members should be in the Registered group by default, so any additional permissions are applied via secondary groups.

Based on this, for me to stop Administrative members from viewing the ads, I should NOT select the Administrative group, and select everything else. However, because they are already in the Registered group, they can still see the ads, so the permissions are pretty useless, unless I want everyone to see them apart from the Registered group. If I select every group apart from the Registered one, then everyone who is in a secondary group can see them, but not members who are only in the Registered group.

Based on this, for me to stop Administrative members from viewing the ads, I should NOT select the Administrative group, and select everything else.
... except the Registered Group.

If I select every group apart from the Registered one, then everyone who is in a secondary group can see them, but not members who are only in the Registered group.
... Yes.

Not sure what use case/scenario you are trying to achieve?

If you only want to show ad's to the users in the Registered Group who are not apart of any other user group, then create a group called "Registered, no other groups" and put them into that?

buy a certain adspot and once that happens their ad automatically replaces the adsense one and then it reverts back to adsense when their time period (or impressions or clicks) runs out.
Totally replace it? I'd much prefer a weighting system. Allow up to x concurrent ad's in a zone position, with an adsense/javascript default (always active) fallback.
Scenario, I define max 5 active banners in zone 1 with adsense fallback. Thus each has a 20% weight.
Advertiser #1 comes along and purchases a 1 mth or 10,000 impressions banner slot.
Advertiser #1 now gets 50% of impressions (for 1 mth or until 10,000) and adsense gets the other 50%
Advertiser #2 comes along for the same zone an purchases a banner slot, whilst #1 is still active.
Advertiser #1 gets 33.3%, Advertiser #2 gets 33.3% and adsense gets 33.3%
.... etc ....

If you only want to show ad's to the users in the Registered Group who are not apart of any other user group, then create a group called "Registered, no other groups" and put them into that?
But why should I have to create additional groups just for the ads? This should work with the existing groups available.

Surely it would make more sense to show ads to all groups if none are selected, and then you select groups you DON'T want to see those specific ads. That is what you would do if you were doing it via the template conditionals. EG: <xen:if is="!{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 6, 4, 3}"> (admin / mod / premium members in my case)

Surely it would make more sense to show ads to all groups if none are selected, and then you select groups you DON'T want to see those specific ads. That is what you would do if you were doing it via the template conditionals. EG: <xen:if is="!{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 6, 4, 3}"> (admin / mod / premium members in my case)
I see/agree.

If there's several ads in the same zone/location, can we have it automatically "display ad with the best CTR" so that our best performing ads appear more often (and we make more money)?

So our team talked about this. What happens if you use a 'custom' ad, such as Adsense, at the same location? We cannot capture CTR if it is flash or custom (adsense). So those ads would never be able to get displayed, or at least have a much lower 'weight'.

We have a concept of 'weight' which can be manually set. But for it to automatically weight certain ads I'm not sure if that would be confusing. There likely is a way to do this, but some understandings would have to be had I think. Do other add-ons have this by chance? Do you know how they handle this?

No... image caching at the browser. Other ad managers have issues with multiple image delivery on page load, beating browser caching. Is this an issue with this add-on that others have?

If you enable browser caching, does the same image load in a placeholder due to caching, or will it rotate on page load correctly?

Since the image URL is different, as in it'll be the name that you uploaded it as, browser caching should not be an issue. I cannot see how it could be, at least.

Suggestion: add some sort of limit of pagination on the stats page or view details

My site isn't busy and only 2 ads so far
View attachment 99920

We've added pagination, good point.

Looks great. Would it be possible to connect a banner to a thread?
I`d like to create a classifieds section in my forum. When a user adds a premium classified ad, he also gets a banner. When the ad gets deleted, the banner should also be deleted. Would this be possible with this add-on? If not, could you add it as a custom feature and tell me what it would cost?

If I understand you correctly, you want someone with an active thread X in forum y to associate itself with a banner Z. If X is deleted then so does Z?

I think this is something that can be custom, but Im not sure if this would be common enough to integrate into the main add-on. We can build a separate add-on though for you if you're interested :) Sure PM me we can discuss the details. :)

another suggestion / feature request. Is it possible to capture the Page / URL from where a click was recorded, and add to the stats in the Advertisement Clicks log?

Added to the feature list. My only question might be if this is something a stats engine specifically would be better at (and likely the answer is yes). But if its just the page/url I think thats something we can do.

How does this work with adsense? Adsense had a beta direct buy program which was great but they cancelled it.

I'll buy once there's an easy way for me to run adsense ads but then have the option for someone to buy a certain adspot and once that happens their ad automatically replaces the adsense one and then it reverts back to adsense when their time period (or impressions or clicks) runs out.

You can easily use adsense. :) What it doesnt do (but can) is show ad Y only if its the only one in its spot. Meaning if you add advertisement X, X will show and Y won't anymore. This isn't a bad idea if others agree, we would create a setting for the Ad that either:
  • set weight to 0, will only show if its the only ad at this ad location
  • OR a specific checkbox that says 'Only show ad if only spot in location'
Does that make sense?

Currently though what you could do is give adsense a .1 weight and your other ads a 1 or even a 100, then that ad will show up more than adsense will. I agree this isn't elegant for your situation but was built with the idea in mind that if you have 2 banners, and one makes you more money, then you can weight it so it shows up more times.

Not sure if there is a flaw in the logic being used for user criteria
Based on this, for me to stop Administrative members from viewing the ads, I should NOT select the Administrative group, and select everything else. However, because they are already in the Registered group, they can still see the ads, so the permissions are pretty useless, unless I want everyone to see them apart from the Registered group. If I select every group apart from the Registered one, then everyone who is in a secondary group can see them, but not members who are only in the Registered group.

There is a usergroup permission as well to block groups from seeing ads.

-Jake

There is a usergroup permission as well to block groups from seeing ads.

-Jake
It more more specific ads that I was trying to block, rather than all of them.

EDIT:

This one?
upload_2015-3-2_18-56-21.webp

Surely that is just a blanket hide though, rather than the granular approach the add-on appears to support?

Last edited:
It more more specific ads that I was trying to block, rather than all of them.

EDIT:

This one?
View attachment 100057

Surely that is just a blanket hide though, rather than the granular approach the add-on appears to support?
I would agree here, so I think what you are wanting if I understand correctly is a way to show to certain usergroups as well as specifically not show to others, is that correct?

I would agree here, so I think what you are wanting if I understand correctly is a way to show to certain usergroups as well as specifically not show to others, is that correct?
Pretty much. So for example of my z22se site, I show ads to all groups by default, and then use the template conditional to exclude certain groups from seeing certain ads

<xen:if is="!{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 6, 4, 3}">

How does this add-on handle ads when a page is resized? For example, a 728x90 DFP ad that is not responsive and the browser window gets resized under 728 width.

I currently push mobile users to a dedicated mobile template and use a fixed width for my desktop users. Using responsive ads isn't an option.

How does this add-on handle ads when a page is resized? For example, a 728x90 DFP ad that is not responsive and the browser window gets resized under 728 width.

I currently push mobile users to a dedicated mobile template and use a fixed width for my desktop users. Using responsive ads isn't an option.

You can set ads to display only on certain devices, or with certain viewport widths

Agreed that it should exclude from secondary usergroups, the XF way
Every member on my site is in Registered as Primary. Then Moderators, Supporters, Administrators, etc are in Secondary usergroups.

Should be able to show to Registered but not to Supporters, both of whom are Registered

Mobile is entirely optional :)
Agreed that it should exclude from secondary usergroups, the XF way
Every member on my site is in Registered as Primary. Then Moderators, Supporters, Administrators, etc are in Secondary usergroups.

Should be able to show to Registered but not to Supporters, both of whom are Registered
This is now possible :)

I am getting this server log error:
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: denied_groups - library/Audentio/Monetize/ControllerAdmin/AdManager.php:419
Generated By: , 5 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/****/public_html/library/Audentio/Monetize/ControllerAdmin/AdManager.php(419): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/****/pub...', 419, Array)
#1 /home/****/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Audentio_Monetize_ControllerAdmin_AdManager->actionEdit()
#2 /home/****/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/****/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(49) "http://www.domain-name/admin.php?admanager/add"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["admanager/add"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Thanks,
Itworx4me

Mobile is entirely optional :)

I guess my question is, "If I have a single responsive template (UI.X), will this add-on correctly display a properly sized ad based on the device." If it resizes a 728x90, that's against Adsense policy. I'd like to be able to control ads seen on desktop vs mobile.

Top Bottom