1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained [TH] Log Out Link by ThemeHouse 1.0.0

Provides a Log Out button in the main navigation link bar

1. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Log Out Link by Waindigo - Provides a Log Out button in the main navigation link bar

Read more about this resource...

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Why did you use template hooks?

I know they still work and all, but thought this would have been a great opportunity to use the new TM system.

Jeremy and Jon W like this.
  3. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

I didn't realize it disappeared, but this will be something I know my members will use.

Jon W likes this.
  4. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Wanted it to be backwards compatible with XenForo 1.1. Just in case someone wants two log out links. :p

5. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

I smell sarcasm. :D

Jon W likes this.
  6. netrix

netrix Active Member

Is it just the log out link or will it show up the confirm screen before log out?

7. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

It works exactly the same as in XenForo 1.1, so it will show the confirm screen first.

netrix likes this.
  8. netrix

netrix Active Member

Thanks for your answer (y)

9. Cartier

Cartier Member

When I go to install the add-on, I get this error: Please enter a valid callback method (Waindigo_LogOutLink_Listener_ControllerPreDispatch::controllerPreDispatch).

10. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Please make sure you have uploaded all the files correctly before running the installer.

11. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

Is there an easier way to install your add ons? In other words, your add on folders are all named The same thing ( i have another one of your add ons) and it wants to override one another when installing the logout button. I would like this add-on but its a tough one for me. Any help would be appreciated.

12. netrix

netrix Active Member

@tommydamic68 the mod is inside a folder with the name of the creator, so the structure is like /library/Waindigo/ThreadNavigation .
    The reason why you get the message is caused by the fact that your program finds the folder named Waindigo but if it is a different addon it wont overwrite anything cause the next addon goes into /library/Waindigo/UserCriteria which is a totally different folder. You could try this on Linux and Windows for Deskto and it will behave the same way (at least it should by default).

tommydamic68 and Jon W like this.
  13. tommydamic68

Should I just say "yes" to ovewrite? I thought it would overwrite the files from his other mod.

14. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Yes. Any overwritten files will be identical.

15. tommydamic68

im getting this error message -

Attached Files:

16. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Make sure you have uploaded all of the files.

17. tommydamic68

I dumped them in again ad still get this

Attached Files:

18. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Make sure you are uploading to the correct place. You need to upload everything inside the upload folder in the zip file to the root folder of your XenForo installation.

Once uploaded, make sure that there are several folders in the library/Waindigo folder, including Install and Listener.

19. tommydamic68

I now get this

Attached Files:

20. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Does the add-on work?

If not, try uninstalling and reinstalling, or upgrading it with the XML file.

tommydamic68 likes this.