[TH] Library [Deleted]

Questions on this plugin:

1. I have a set of forums that are set up like "article" forums - mainly just because replies by anyone other than the thread starter are turned off. They aren't meant to be discussions. Can I set up a Library and move those forums under the Library? Would they still function like forums or would new posts in those forums function like articles going forward?

2. Do posts in the Library have their own dedicated post count separate from the default XF post count?

3. Does anyone have a link to a site using this plugin so I can see it in action?

Thanks!

I am suffering what I can only describe as an utterly inexplicable bug: everything operates fine. I can create a library, and do. I can click the create an article button, and then fill it out, click "create an article", it claims to have saved. It even shows up in the library list.

But the link is dead. The redirect after create and the link in the library list just drops into a 404 page. There are no logged server errors and I have all appropriate permissions, so I don't think that's the issue. The links just... don't work. I can create other XF objects (forums, threads, etc) and everything seems to work fine, so it's very particular to this add-on.

Yet, I can't think of a single reason why this might be happening.

I'm having a bit of a problem here --

Using the latest version, everything works, except trying to delete an article, i get:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Column 'content_type' cannot be null

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenES/Model/Elasticsearch.php at line 301
XenES_Model_Elasticsearch->logFailedIndex() in XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php at line 960
XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_logFailedIndex() in XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php at line 113
XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->deleteFromIndex() in XenForo/Search/Indexer.php at line 105
XenForo_Search_Indexer->deleteFromIndex() in Waindigo/Library/Search/DataHandler/ArticlePage.php at line 68
Waindigo_Library_Search_DataHandler_ArticlePage->_deleteFromIndex() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Abstract.php at line 278
XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Abstract->deleteFromIndex() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 707
XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_deleteFromSearchIndex() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 759
XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1779
XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in Waindigo/Library/ControllerPublic/Article.php at line 497
Waindigo_Library_ControllerPublic_Article->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /srv/www/site/public_html/index.php at line 13

Any ideas?

Questions on this plugin:

1. I have a set of forums that are set up like "article" forums - mainly just because replies by anyone other than the thread starter are turned off. They aren't meant to be discussions. Can I set up a Library and move those forums under the Library? Would they still function like forums or would new posts in those forums function like articles going forward?
Not sure I understand your question. You can't automatically convert threads into articles. Articles are not like posts, so they wouldn't act like posts.

2. Do posts in the Library have their own dedicated post count separate from the default XF post count?
Yes. They are not posts. They are article pages.

I'm having a bit of a problem here --

Using the latest version, everything works, except trying to delete an article, i get:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Column 'content_type' cannot be null

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenES/Model/Elasticsearch.php at line 301
XenES_Model_Elasticsearch->logFailedIndex() in XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php at line 960
XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_logFailedIndex() in XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php at line 113
XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->deleteFromIndex() in XenForo/Search/Indexer.php at line 105
XenForo_Search_Indexer->deleteFromIndex() in Waindigo/Library/Search/DataHandler/ArticlePage.php at line 68
Waindigo_Library_Search_DataHandler_ArticlePage->_deleteFromIndex() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Abstract.php at line 278
XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Abstract->deleteFromIndex() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 707
XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_deleteFromSearchIndex() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 759
XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1779
XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in Waindigo/Library/ControllerPublic/Article.php at line 497
Waindigo_Library_ControllerPublic_Article->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /srv/www/site/public_html/index.php at line 13

Any ideas?
Seems like a bug with ElasticSearch. Try rebuilding the search caches for articles and article pages. Have you done that before?

Is it possible to shuffle pages once an article is created? For example, if an article is 25 pages long, it would be a pain to copy/paste pages around to make a bit set of edits.

Hi and many thks for this great addon !!
I'm doing a tutorial system with your addon (article are tutos) but I miss some things :
  • convert a thread - post to an article ?
  • in conjunction with using custom fields, I need to recover the $user array from the user ID, 2 options (but I can't do what I want):
    • I propose to enter the user ID in a custom field but I can't get the $user array (so avatar, name...)
    • I propose to create a selectbox with all users and select the good one, but how to ?
Thanks

I'm back :)
Does this addon allow user to create articles that are not listed in the library index ?
For example, I want to create a library where users can create article that are only visible by the authors, like a personal notepad.

Any advices ? (I can't do it by just using permissions..)

Yes, you can. From within your library node permissions menu : yoursite.com/admin.php?nodes/ then click the "Permissions" link beside your node name :
- Check the "Private" option;
- Then for your Registered usergroup (or any other you want), ensure the View Node permission is set to Allow, and the "Display articles created by others" is set to Revoke;
- You can then modify your Moderators usergroup permission to allow "Display articles created by others" for moderation purposes.

thks :)

edit : that's what i've done, but when I test permissions by using a "simple member" (with the test permission tool), I can view my own (not those of the selected member) articles...

I can't disallow viewing other article from the library node list (moreover, I can't disallow reading the content from the registered member group, even for "other" articles).

Last edited:
actually, the initial error seems to happen when clicking on the create article button (after filling out the text). i get a 404 on creating the article, even though upon hitting back and refreshing the page in the library node, the article has been created. but, upon clicking on the article to view it, i once again get a 404 error.

i'm also using SSL on my nginx server, so i'm not sure if that's an issue. here's my test library node:

https://squattheplanet.com/libraries/test-area.211/

on a side note, if i can get this working, i was thinking that having thread prefixes available for articles would be a cool feature.

Top Bottom