[TH] Library [Deleted]

1. I can not connect multiple articles to 1 forum post. Perhaps its a feature, but it would be at least good to have a little warning message when trying to connect an article to a forum post which is already connected to another article.
This is a feature, but I agree that there should be some sort of warning.

2. When trying to disconnect an article from a connected discussion thread - I go to Article Tools - using the EDIT Article - and set on both "Discussion thread:" dropdowns to " NO DISCUSSION THREAD". Pressing save changes does not do anything. The article shows still connected to the discussion thread.
This sounds like a bug. I will check.

3. Post a new article in a library.
- go in again and delete the article from the library
- now go back to forum index and where you see the library... ... and next to it you still see
"Latest" ... displaying the article you just deleted.
Thanks. I will look into this.

I am currently away but will look at the above issues on my return.

Would you be so kind as to post the above bug reports in the appropriate forums on www.waindigo.com?

Hi Waindigo

Im sorry but your template waindigo_thread_view_tabs_library had hardcoded language
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$article}">
    <xen:require css="waindigo_article_view_library.css" />
    <ul class="tabs articleTabs">
        <li><a href="{xen:link library-articles, $article}">[B]Article[/B]</a></li>
        <li class="active"><a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}">[B]Discussion[/B]</a></li>
    </ul>
</xen:if>

Are you able to change this into phrases, please ;)

Thanks a lot

Hi Waindigo

Im sorry but your template waindigo_thread_view_tabs_library had hardcoded language
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$article}">
    <xen:require css="waindigo_article_view_library.css" />
    <ul class="tabs articleTabs">
        <li><a href="{xen:link library-articles, $article}">[B]Article[/B]</a></li>
        <li class="active"><a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}">[B]Discussion[/B]</a></li>
    </ul>
</xen:if>

Are you able to change this into phrases, please ;)

Thanks a lot
Oops. I'll fix this in the next update.

The phrases should be waindigo_article_library and waindigo_discussion_library. Not sure if both of those are already included.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Sorry to disturb you again. Where can I find "waindigo_if_selected_users_will_be_able_to_access_through_tab_library"

I don't find the function :whistle:

Sorry to disturb you again. Where can I find "waindigo_if_selected_users_will_be_able_to_access_through_tab_library"

I don't find the function :whistle:
This is an old phrase and needs deleting. Thanks for pointing it out.

To save from re-inventing the wheel, the functionality that this refers to can now be achieved by installing the Nodes as Tabs add-on. Originally, this was going to be included inside the add-on.

Questions regarding advertising blocks displayed on library pages:

1. Is there a template ( if so whats it called) where I could ad advertising code (adsense etc.), so it displays an ad at the beginning and at the end of each library article ?

2. on our site we are using "Ad Managar" ( http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ad-manager-paid.27985/ ) which does not work on library pages ( which is understandable since lib pages are custom pages ). is there any way to integrate admanager so that it works on library pages too, or should I ask the ad manager programmer for this ?

Questions regarding advertising blocks displayed on library pages:

1. Is there a template ( if so whats it called) where I could ad advertising code (adsense etc.), so it displays an ad at the beginning and at the end of each library article ?

2. on our site we are using "Ad Managar" ( http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ad-manager-paid.27985/ ) which does not work on library pages ( which is understandable since lib pages are custom pages ). is there any way to integrate admanager so that it works on library pages too, or should I ask the ad manager programmer for this ?

1. There aren't specific templates for advertising, but I could easily add these in return for a small contribution.

2. I don't have this add-on, but if you could send me a copy I will try it out. I'm not sure how this Ad Manager add-on works and how customisable it is (or how customisable you need), so perhaps you could send me a private message to discuss.

Hi,
I installed the Library and create a Library Node after setting the node permissions to Allow (all for admin).
When I click on the Library I'm receiving the message: The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

I Upload the Waindigo Folders to:

forum/js/Waindico
forum/library/Waindico
forum/styles/default/Waindico
forum/addon-Waindigo_Library.xml

What I'm doing wrong? I'm totally newbie.
thanks
mario gil

Hi,
I installed the Library and create a Library Node after setting the node permissions to Allow (all for admin).
When I click on the Library I'm receiving the message: The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

I Upload the Waindigo Folders to:

forum/js/Waindico
forum/library/Waindico
forum/styles/default/Waindico
forum/addon-Waindigo_Library.xml

What I'm doing wrong? I'm totally newbie.
thanks
mario gil
There appears to be a problem running the Library Add-on on some systems running PHP 5.2 when Nodes As Tabs is not installed. As yet, I have been unable to replicate this issue, so I have been unable to fix, but the temporary solution is to install the Nodes As Tabs add-on.

If you are able to give me FTP access to your system, then hopefully I can come up with a more elegant fix.

Hi,
this library addon by waindigo is inserting a hidden footer into each page on the forum.

You can see it if you do a "view page source" in your browser and scroll down to show the footer section.

It inserts:

<span style="display:none"><a href="http://waindigo.com" class="concealed">Certain add-ons &copy;2011-2012 Waindigo Limited.</a></span>

on EVERY page.

1. Is this done on purpose - or is this done by mistake? If its a mistake - how can I remove this hidden link?

2. Especially after the recent penguin update, Google stated that it goes 100% after any hidden content - such as "display:none" css hidden code.
If this addon - can only be used with the footer like this, where can I change and remove the "display:none" option, so it shows up at least visible to very viewer?

Please let me know, as otherwise a really excellent addon, is influencing all my pages on our site.

4. And what's up with the blank space?

Here are some pictures so you can understand what I'm saying.

r3dL6.png

VzjaR.png

Thanks!
Just noticed this myself when installing on my site. Only seems to he happening in Chrome.
Chrome
Chrome.webp

Firefox
firefox.webp

Yer, not sure how I missed that because I do most of my developing in Chrome.

This has now been fixed and will be available in the next release, hopefully in the next few days.
Excellent, I'll get on adding my guides to the library then ;)

@Waindigo
how do I completely remove this addon? the "Library" tab seems to be ghosting after I uninstalled the library portion.

@Waindigo
how do I completely remove this addon? the "Library" tab seems to be ghosting after I uninstalled the library portion.

Replace the following code at the bottom of the file /library/Waindigo/Library/Install.php:
PHP:
    public static function uninstall()
    {
        $install = new Waindigo_Library_Install();z
        $install->_uninstall();
    }
with:
PHP:
    public static function uninstall()
    {
        $install = new Waindigo_Library_Install();

$install->_uninstall();

if (method_exists('NodesAsTabs_Model_Options', 'deleteOrphans') &&
                method_exists('NodesAsTabs_Model_Options', 'rebuildCache'))
        {
            $optionsModel = XenForo_Model::create('NodesAsTabs_Model_Options');

$optionsModel->deleteOrphans();
            $optionsModel->rebuildCache();
        }       
    }

If you have already uninstalled, you will have to reinstall and then uninstall to get this to work. This will remove the ghost nodes and rebuild the Nodes as Tabs cache.

Hi,
this library addon by waindigo is inserting a hidden footer into each page on the forum.

You can see it if you do a "view page source" in your browser and scroll down to show the footer section.

It inserts:

<span style="display:none"><a href="http://waindigo.com" class="concealed">Certain add-ons &copy;2011-2012 Waindigo Limited.</a></span>

on EVERY page.

1. Is this done on purpose - or is this done by mistake? If its a mistake - how can I remove this hidden link?

2. Especially after the recent penguin update, Google stated that it goes 100% after any hidden content - such as "display:none" css hidden code.
If this addon - can only be used with the footer like this, where can I change and remove the "display:none" option, so it shows up at least visible to very viewer?

Please let me know, as otherwise a really excellent addon, is influencing all my pages on our site.
Noticed this as well. Look to be added into the footer by /library/Waindigo/Listener/TemplateHook/20120219.php

PHP:
protected function _footer()
        {
                $codeSnippet = "<div id=\"copyright\">";
                $this->_appendAtCodeSnippet($codeSnippet, "<span style=\"display:none\"><a href=\"http://waindigo.com\" class=\"concealed\">Certain add-ons &copy;2011-2012 Waindig
o Limited.</a></span>");
                self::$_footer = true;
        }

Although Google shouldn't penalise you for this as it's not like you are adding loads of keywords for SEO purposes.

Noticed this as well. Look to be added into the footer by /library/Waindigo/Listener/TemplateHook/20120219.php

PHP:
protected function _footer()
        {
                $codeSnippet = "<div id=\"copyright\">";
                $this->_appendAtCodeSnippet($codeSnippet, "<span style=\"display:none\"><a href=\"http://waindigo.com\" class=\"concealed\">Certain add-ons &copy;2011-2012 Waindig
o Limited.</a></span>");
                self::$_footer = true;
        }

Although Google shouldn't penalise you for this as it's not like you are adding loads of keywords for SEO purposes.
Even so, the link will be removed from future versions.

Top Bottom