[TH] Library [Deleted]

Getting an error when I try to create a new Library node. Adding other node types do not result in errors.

Details:

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'custom_fields' in 'field list'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
    XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
    XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Waindigo/Library/ControllerAdmin/Library.php at line 99
    Waindigo_Library_ControllerAdmin_Library->actionSave() in Waindigo/CustomFields/ControllerAdmin/Library.php at line 72
    Waindigo_CustomFields_ControllerAdmin_Library->actionSave() in NodesAsTabs/ControllerAdmin/AllNodes.php at line 7
    NodesAsTabs_ControllerAdmin_AllNodes->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/hackslas/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Please upgrade either custom fields or library, ensuring that the other add-on is enabled during the upgrade.

The next version of custom fields will not require this.

Please upgrade either custom fields or library, ensuring that the other add-on is enabled during the upgrade.

The next version of custom fields will not require this.
I just tried to disable Custom Fields, as I don't actually use it anyways and now I am getting:

503 Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily busy, try again later!

I posted on the Waindigo site but did not get a response. Is there are way to set a style for the library nodes? Right now it always get set to default.

Not sure why you are getting that. Are you sure it is related?
Doesn't matter now, I've just disabled Custom Fields for now.

My next issue is, when a new page within an article is created, how do you then delete that page without deleting the entire article?

Also, is there a way to comment directly to an article, or create a "comments thread" automatically in a predefined forum? I have Custom Fields installed but I can't get Library to work with it (see last page or two of this thread).

Another thing - when displaying articles listed, it has a Created Date field at the top, but no actual date listed for each article. See this page:
http://www.hackslashrepeat.com/libraries/reviews.448/

Doesn't matter now, I've just disabled Custom Fields for now.

My next issue is, when a new page within an article is created, how do you then delete that page without deleting the entire article?
You should be able to do this, yes.

Also, is there a way to comment directly to an article, or create a "comments thread" automatically in a predefined forum? I have Custom Fields installed but I can't get Library to work with it (see last page or two of this thread).
You need Custom Fields for this. I have responded to your question above.

Another thing - when displaying articles listed, it has a Created Date field at the top, but no actual date listed for each article. See this page:
http://www.hackslashrepeat.com/libraries/reviews.448/
This is as designed.

Hi to the Waindigo team!

Bug report: preview not working on new page creation.
On an existing library article, create a new page, fill some text and click "Preview...": the preview stays empty.
Reason: the textarea name attribute is "pageMessage", but in Waindigo_Library_ControllerPublic_ArticlePage::actionPreview(), on line 52, the Editor helper is given the "message" name instead of "pageMessage" to look for.

So basically, the needed fix is to change
Rich (BB code):
$message = $this->getHelper('Editor')->getMessageText('message', $this->_input);
to
Rich (BB code):
$message = $this->getHelper('Editor')->getMessageText('pageMessage', $this->_input);

Hi to the Waindigo team!

Bug report: preview not working on new page creation.
On an existing library article, create a new page, fill some text and click "Preview...": the preview stays empty.
Reason: the textarea name attribute is "pageMessage", but in Waindigo_Library_ControllerPublic_ArticlePage::actionPreview(), on line 52, the Editor helper is given the "message" name instead of "pageMessage" to look for.

So basically, the needed fix is to change
Rich (BB code):
$message = $this->getHelper('Editor')->getMessageText('message', $this->_input);
to
Rich (BB code):
$message = $this->getHelper('Editor')->getMessageText('pageMessage', $this->_input);
Thanks so much for this. I could kiss you.

Is article comments a planned feature? Just wondering if there is any interest in chipping in for this feature to be included if the answer to this question is no.

There are currently no solid plans for the Library add-on. A number of users, including the original backer of this add-on, are moving to using the Resource Manager to store their articles, so the original road-map is no longer being followed.

Should this add-on be developed further, our primary aim would probably be looking to build on this add-on's unique features that make it different from Resource Manager, rather than just build something so similar to Resource Manager.

Currently I am very busy with other projects. Due to how this add-on is built, it is unlikely that I will spend time developing this add-on further until XenForo 1.2 is released because it would not be worth spending time on it when the core of XenForo might change. At that point, we would be looking for funding to develop this further (or even start it from scratch) if there is enough interest.

Thanks so much for this. I could kiss you.
My fix initially broke other preview functions. There are more modifications to be made to use a more consistent "message" attribute name to the whole preview system. Here is a diff that contains the modifications AND reverts the previous modification I indicated.

Attachments

Hi!

Currently testing this on XF 1.2. Working like a charm once you impact the modifications of the Discussion datawriter on the Waindigo_Library_DataWriter_Article class:
- in _discussionPostSave(): delete all references to a $messages variable,
- in _discussionPostDelete(): the same,
- in _updateUserMessageCount(): the same!

Back
Top Bottom