[TH] Join User Group [Deleted]

For me, the Request Reason is not shown. Am I missing something?
The "demo screenshot" looks different.
join_request-png.48482

Excuse me, this add-on does change the primary usergroup upon request ? Or it adds just to any secondary group ? I need that change the primary user group upon user request.

Excuse me, this add-on does change the primary usergroup upon request ? Or it adds just to any secondary group ? I need that change the primary user group upon user request.
Why primary group? A user joinable group shouldn't be made primary group... In most circumstances, the primary group should be "Registered" and any additional added to secondary. e.g. Moderator and Administrator should, also, be secondary groups. Not primary groups. That's really the fundamentals of such a inheritance based permissions system.

I'm with @Robust here, you should have all users a part of the primary group "Registered"

But I get what you are saying, so what you could do is use a User Group Promotion/demotion system. Start out by creating a "Primary" group that is actually secondary to the "registered" group. Put everyone in that (via a User Group Promotion - so that it is automatic). Then make a Joinable user group, let's call it "Primary 2". Then set up a User Group Promotion so that when someone joins "Primary 2" they are removed from "Primary". You would probably also want to make another UG Promo so that when someone leaves "Primary 2" they are then added back to "Primary"

Seems like a complicated way of going about it, but at least it's automated (via cron). The main question I have is, what are you trying to accomplish? Why can't a user be part of "Primary" (or Registered) as well as "Primary 2"? This might come down to understanding how the permissions work? Not sure about your knowledge level, so I don't want to assume anything here

Yes you are right absolutely. This my request is just a habit since vbulletin but i think i must to get used to primary/secondary usergroup functions with promotion reasons.

Thanks.

@Jon W everyday i get few of these errors and im not sure what is causing them

ErrorException: Undefined index: field_value - library/Waindigo/JoinUserGroup/ControllerPublic/JoinableUserGroup.php:35
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 3:42 PM

@Jon W everyday i get few of these errors and im not sure what is causing them

ErrorException: Undefined index: field_value - library/Waindigo/JoinUserGroup/ControllerPublic/JoinableUserGroup.php:35
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 3:42 PM
@ThemeHouse confirmed.
Code:
Server Error Log

ErrorException: Undefined index: waindigoJoinUserGroup - library/Waindigo/JoinUserGroup/Extend/XenForo/ControllerHelper/Account.php:18

Stack Trace
#0 library/Waindigo/JoinUserGroup/Extend/XenForo/ControllerHelper/Account.php(18): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '...', 18, Array)
#1 library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php(2190): Waindigo_JoinUserGroup_Extend_XenForo_ControllerHelper_Account->getWrapper('account', 'privacy', Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View))
#2 library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php(855): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->_getWrapper('account', 'privacy', Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View))
#3 library/Waindigo/DisableInvisible/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php(36): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionPrivacy()
#4 library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Waindigo_DisableInvisible_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionPrivacy()
#5 library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(39) "/account/privacy"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/account/privacy"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@ThemeHouse this addon in particular is one that never has really worked quite right, if you scroll back and look at my comments as well as @The Sandman's comments, I think you'll get the gist of the issue. I'm hoping that you can figure out a way to make this addon work better and fix those issues.

@ThemeHouse why dont you allow html in usergroup description?

template name: th_account_joinusergroup
current: {$userGroup.description}
edited: {xen:raw $userGroup.description}

Top Bottom