[TH] Join User Group [Deleted]

How do you assign moderators to a usergroup?

EDIT: Nevermind, i figured it out myself. From moderators page (admin.php?moderators/) create a new moderator and the group can be selected.

Last edited:
It's only things coming through this addon that have the wrong date. @Jon W, can you help, please?
I'm unable to replicate this bug. I've made a slight change to the code here, but I don't see how this would have caused the bug that you are talking about.

It took a while but I worked out that...

You need to be a Joinable Group Moderator to get the notifications
+
You need to be a Content Moderator to be able to do anything else like edit or delete threads.

Hope that helps somebody.

Yes there is Jon.

It was a timing issue between having test accounts join and leave, and the moderator looking for members in the list.

Also it only shows members joined by this method, not manually placed in the group.

All sorted though.

Minor bug:

In the moderation queue, the Requested date show is not correct. Looks like it's actually showing the date when the user registered on the forum.

Yeah, I have 3 usergroups that were joinable when TAZ was on vB so all of the members in those groups should be considered as members of the joinable group. Can you tell me the query?

Sandman, I have the same issue - usergroups imported, but the "joinable" group is not synced. I didn't see @Jon W post the query to synch these. Is it now built in somehow? Can't find that if it is

Sandman, I have the same issue - usergroups imported, but the "joinable" group is not synced. I didn't see @Jon W post the query to synch these. Is it now built in somehow? Can't find that if it is

I could never get this add-on to work the way I wanted it to (i.e. the way it worked with the core vB3 software) despite contributing to additional development. This is not meant as a knock against Jon BTW - I don't think it's feasible to do this properly outside the core.

It's not really a big deal for me. We have regional groups for our club, and the main function on the old system as that you could send a bulk mail to people in that group, or make an announcement that would only go to people in that group. So there were no permissions tied to it, more of a vanity thing.

So at this point, all I think I need to do is synch the usergroups that were imported with the joinable groups, because right now if someone is part of Groups A, B, and D on the core side, they still don't show as part of that group on the "join" side, even though they are. Once they are synched, anyone can join and leave and they will stay synched automatically. We never touch these on the ACP side.

I could probably dig through the database and figure out the query to run, lord knows I trained myself in that doing this conversion. Just was hoping someone could point me to the table and maybe spell out the query and save me the time :)

@Jon W any point in the right direction for me here?

It's not really a big deal for me. We have regional groups for our club, and the main function on the old system as that you could send a bulk mail to people in that group, or make an announcement that would only go to people in that group. So there were no permissions tied to it, more of a vanity thing.

So at this point, all I think I need to do is synch the usergroups that were imported with the joinable groups, because right now if someone is part of Groups A, B, and D on the core side, they still don't show as part of that group on the "join" side, even though they are. Once they are synched, anyone can join and leave and they will stay synched automatically. We never touch these on the ACP side.

I could probably dig through the database and figure out the query to run, lord knows I trained myself in that doing this conversion. Just was hoping someone could point me to the table and maybe spell out the query and save me the time

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-05-13 01.14.51.webp
    Screenshot 2015-05-13 01.14.51.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2015-05-13 01.15.53.webp
    Screenshot 2015-05-13 01.15.53.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 3
1) users are not shown the fields to fill in. They've been flagged on the joinable user group page in the adminCP, but are not coming through on the front end.
Do the users have the ability to edit that field normally (i.e., can they edit it on their account page)?

2) only one field is showing for Mods to fill in. It happens to be one with a dropdown list defined, and it's not working.
Looks like a bug. I'll look into it.

@Jon W where is the database field that controls who has joined a group. Per my other question. I have an existing group, with users that are part of that group, then I make the group joinable. On their profile page for joinable groups the boxes are not checked but they are still members of the actual group, just not the "joinable" sister-group in ACP so the box is not checked.

I really need to know how to fix this.

Top Bottom