1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[TH] Install and Upgrade 1.4.14b

Upload zip/rar files or enter any URL to install add-ons, import languages & styles, upgrade XenForo

1. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

If you are getting errors saying that the add-on is unable to connect to XenForo's resource manager due to a 403 error, please upgrade to the latest version and then run the following query:
    Code:
    UPDATE xf_addon SET `install_upgrade_error`=0, `install_upgrade_last_check`=0;

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Install and Upgrade by Waindigo - Upload zip/rar files or enter any URL to install add-ons, import languages and styles, and more.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
    DFI likes this.
  2. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Same function as Chris Deeming's addon?

3. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Not same but similar. You can't upload from other sources with the addon installer for instance, this addon makes it possible. Another great resource from @Waindigo :love:(y)

Jon W and RoldanLT like this.
  4. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

As @yavuz says, the other sources bit is absolutely key. Also, this add-on supports importing of all sorts of other XML types, most of which are unlikely to ever be supported by @Chris Deeming's add-on because they are proprietary Waindigo XML types -- although languages and styles have been thrown in for good measure.

Note that because they are not identical, this add-on CAN be installed alongside @Chris Deeming's add-on. In fact, both add-ons can be used to install each other!

HeadHodge, DRE, DFI and 5 others like this.
  5. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

This is madness. :LOL:

No, this is XenForo!

Jon W likes this.
  6. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

7. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

8. Matthew Hawley

Degrinch likes this.
  9. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

This add-on is actually partly based on that one as I actually preferred some features of that add-on to Chris's implementation.

Matthew Hawley likes this.
  10. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

For that, I would have to care @Matthew Hawley :sneaky:

Waindigo has achieved something I haven't had time to do yet - handle styles etc. Definitely don't see it as competition :)

MasterPiece, giorgino, StRonK and 3 others like this.
  11. Matthew Hawley

What is the file structure required for styles?

12. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Pretty much any file structure should work as long as there is at least one XML file. It looks for an upload folder first, and if that doesn't exist it will look for a styles folder.

Let me know if you find any styles that don't work and I will try and get them to work.

xf_phantom and Matthew Hawley like this.
  13. Matthew Hawley

14. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Should work fine. When you upload it will give you a choice of which colour you want to install. It will also place all the other XML files in the install/data directory so you can easily install those later (without having to re-upload the whole zip file).

15. Matthew Hawley

What if one style has to be the parent of the other styles?

16. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Then the user will need to select the parent style and then install the child style(s) afterwards. Unfortunately, there is no way for the Install and Upgrade add-on to know which style is the parent, so you will have to explain this to your user. Probably easier for your users if you include combined style XML files in your ZIP as well.

17. Matthew Hawley

Could we get a badge like Chris Deemings? ;D

[​IMG]

Maybe it should be purple and say "Waindigo Installer Approved" ;D

18. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Perhaps indigo would be a more suitable colour, no?

19. Matthew Hawley

Indigo, sure whatever color works best. I said purple because your site logo and your site theme are purple.

20. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Or maybe the colour scheme of my site and my logo is indigo, no?