[TH] Install and Upgrade [Deleted]

How would I go about fixing this:

Code:
ftp_login(): Sorry, cleartext sessions are not accepted on this server.
Your server only allows encrypted ftp, which this addon does not currently support

Also, this addon has been updated but it says all of my addons are up-to-date, yet it shows this addon needs updating on my end which it does because I'm still on .12.

This should fix it :)

If you are getting errors saying that the add-on is unable to connect to XenForo's resource manager due to a 403 error, please upgrade to the latest version and then run the following query:
Code:
UPDATE xf_addon SET `install_upgrade_error`=0, `install_upgrade_last_check`=0;

How would I go about fixing this:

Code:
ftp_login(): Sorry, cleartext sessions are not accepted on this server.

Also, this addon has been updated but it says all of my addons are up-to-date, yet it shows this addon needs updating on my end which it does because I'm still on .12.
see https://xenforo.com/community/threads/install-and-upgrade.53960/page-27#post-931128 hoping the plugin authors could fix it heh

@Jon W any chance of adding FTP explicit SSL/TLS support (ftp_ssl_connect) as well http://php.net/manual/en/function.ftp-ssl-connect.php ? Outlined the problem at https://community.centminmod.com/th...aindigo-xenforo-addon-ftp-login-details.2869/

with addon's ftp_connect, and where FTP is setup only over SSL/TLS (requires ftp_ssl_connect), you will get the error message = Sorry, cleartext sessions are not accepted on this server

I'm having difficult installing this. Please keep in mind that I'm a new xF customer and this is my first add-on install, so it's likely that I may just not know what I'm doing. I've tried both methods that are described in the read me file, here are the error messages I get, with their respective methods:

"To install this add-on, you will need to extract the zip and upload all the
files from the contained upload directory onto your web server into the root
folder of your XenForo Directory.

Having uploaded the necessary files, you should log in to the Admin Control
Panel of your XenForo Installation and click on 'Install Add-on' under the
heading 'Add-ons' on the left-hand side of the Admin Control Panel under the
'Home' tab.

Enter the following into the text box labelled 'Install from file on server':
install/data/addon-Hex_InstallUpgrade.xml" - Error: Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read.

"Alternatively, extract the zip to a folder on your local computer, and then
click 'Choose File' to locate the extracted XML file on your computer.". - Error: The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again.

I'm having difficult installing this. Please keep in mind that I'm a new xF customer and this is my first add-on install, so it's likely that I may just not know what I'm doing. I've tried both methods that are described in the read me file, here are the error messages I get, with their respective methods:

"To install this add-on, you will need to extract the zip and upload all the
files from the contained upload directory onto your web server into the root
folder of your XenForo Directory.

Having uploaded the necessary files, you should log in to the Admin Control
Panel of your XenForo Installation and click on 'Install Add-on' under the
heading 'Add-ons' on the left-hand side of the Admin Control Panel under the
'Home' tab.

Enter the following into the text box labelled 'Install from file on server':
install/data/addon-Hex_InstallUpgrade.xml" - Error: Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read.

"Alternatively, extract the zip to a folder on your local computer, and then
click 'Choose File' to locate the extracted XML file on your computer.". - Error: The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again.

It sounds like you didn't upload the files to the correct location

It sounds like you didn't upload the files to the correct location

What location should they be in? It says the root folder of my xF directory, so I uploaded it to the folder called "forums" which is what contains all of the xF stuff in it. Coming from Vanilla, there was a 'plugins' folder within the the root folder that came with the software automatically. I see there isn't an add-ons one for xF, so I just followed the instructions and uploaded the "upload" folder to my "forums" folder. So it's like public_html/forums/upload

You need to upload the contents of the upload folder to your forums directory, not the whole upload folder :)

Jake

You need to upload the contents of the upload folder to your forums directory, not the whole upload folder :)

Jake

So, do I simply upload them straight to the root without having them in a folder? That seems weird. How will I keep track of the add-ons if they're all just files scattered in the root directory?

So, do I simply upload them straight to the root without having them in a folder? That seems weird. How will I keep track of the add-ons if they're all just files scattered in the root directory?

There are some in js, and there are some in library. Just the way XenForo works. No need to really keep track of them though

Jake

OK - I've followed the instructions to upload and install this and. . . what next?

I didn't get any error messages and I see it in my Add Ons list.

But I don't see any way to purchase a license for it, or anything. The name is a link to a URL that goes to the main site for Hex Themes, but there's no information that I can find on what I'm supposed to do next.

This is my first attempt to install an add on, and I'm used to the way Drupal handles modules, so the entire process is strange to me.

You can use this addon to install or upgrade other addons. Nothing else.
Be happy that there no error messages .. ;)

Thanks! That encouraged me to poke around a little more. The changes are just more subtle than I expected.

Since then, I've been able to upload another couple of add ons, and seeing how they worked also helped.

I have a fresh xenForo installation, with only this add-on installed. However, every time I try to download a free resource from the resource directory here (on xenForo) I get the following error:

Error
Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read.

Permissions are correct, my password is correct, and I'm running the XF 1.5.3. I'm trying to install add-ons using their resource directory URL. I've tried deleting all the files and re-installing, but that doesn't help.

*EDIT* It looks like the add-ons install correctly when I download them to my computer, then upload them into the installer as a file. It's the remote fetching that doesn't work and throws the error above.

I also posted a ticket at Audentio.com (since I purchased the ThemeHouse support package) but wasn't sure if I should post here instead. The ticket includes credentials for a test admin account I set up.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Last edited:
@Mike Creuzer and @Jake B. @ThemeHouse

I have an urgent problem that needs to be fixed. When I tried to uninstall the hex themes version my admin page now looks like this:

An exception occurred: Undefined index: install_upgrade_updated in /home/pokevolu/public_html/library/ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Listener/ContainerAdminParams.php on line 23

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Listener/ContainerAdminParams.php at line 23
  2. ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Listener_ContainerAdminParams::containerAdminParams()
  3. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 90
  4. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 208
  5. XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->getEffectiveContainerParams() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 635
  6. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/pokevolu/public_html/admin.php at line 13

@Mike Creuzer and @Jake B. @ThemeHouse

I have an urgent problem that needs to be fixed. When I tried to uninstall the hex themes version my admin page now looks like this:

An exception occurred: Undefined index: install_upgrade_updated in /home/pokevolu/public_html/library/ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Listener/ContainerAdminParams.php on line 23

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Listener/ContainerAdminParams.php at line 23
  2. ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Listener_ContainerAdminParams::containerAdminParams()
  3. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 90
  4. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 208
  5. XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->getEffectiveContainerParams() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 635
  6. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/pokevolu/public_html/admin.php at line 13

It should have been uninstalled while installing the new version. Either way, add

Code:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

to your config.php, then uninstall [TH] Install & Upgrade as well as [#] Install and Upgrade, remove that line, then reinstall [TH] Install & Upgrade.

Jake

@Jake B. @Mike Creuzer @ThemeHouse

I get this errorr while trying to install this new version or even install the old waindigo one. Please advise. I'm using MySQL 5.7

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IGNORE TABLE `xf_install_upgrade_login` CHANGE `user_id` `user_id` int UNSIGNED ' at line 1

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in ThemeHouse/Install/20151109.php at line 780
  5. ThemeHouse_Install->_makeTableChanges() in ThemeHouse/Install/20151109.php at line 737
  6. ThemeHouse_Install->_createTables() in ThemeHouse/Install/20151109.php at line 219
  7. ThemeHouse_Install->_install() in ThemeHouse/Install/20151109.php at line 99
  8. ThemeHouse_Install::install()
  9. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  10. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 90
  11. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in ConvEss/Model/AddOn.php at line 24
  12. ConvEss_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  13. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 66
  14. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 188
  15. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 130
  16. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  17. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  18. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/rpnation/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I have a fresh xenForo installation, with only this add-on installed. However, every time I try to download a free resource from the resource directory here (on xenForo) I get the following error:

Permissions are correct, my password is correct, and I'm running the XF 1.5.3. I'm trying to install add-ons using their resource directory URL. I've tried deleting all the files and re-installing, but that doesn't help.

*EDIT* It looks like the add-ons install correctly when I download them to my computer, then upload them into the installer as a file. It's the remote fetching that doesn't work and throws the error above.

I also posted a ticket at Audentio.com (since I purchased the ThemeHouse support package) but wasn't sure if I should post here instead. The ticket includes credentials for a test admin account I set up.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

I am having the same issue, any help would be appreciated....

Too many errors during folder uploads since upgrading to this version. Uninstalled and reinstalled Waindigo_InstallUpgrade-1.4.10 which I was using before updating and all is fine working again.

Top Bottom