[TH] Image Optimizer [Deleted]

I'm nervous about running this plugin for the first time, just in case it does things like changes the sizes of the images when you view them in a post.

Is there a way to run say just a batch of 20 images, to see how it goes, then stop it? Then I can restart if all looks good.
Allow me to check on this and get back to you, okay? I'd like to check with our team first :)

it doesn't change sizes, just quality.
Quite the other way round. Automated software won't be able to increase quality and decreasing it without saving storage seems pretty pointless.

Is there a way to run say just a batch of 20 images, to see how it goes, then stop it? Then I can restart if all looks good.
You should set up a copy of your server and run the optimization rebuild there. If you're unhappy with the settings, you can go back and tweak them until you are, then deploy it on your live site.

Setting up a test server would require upgrading my hosting account. I don't want to do that. It would be much better if the developer just had an option to try it on say 10 images.

I bought the plugin, but probably won't end up using it now because of the risk.

Setting up a test server would require upgrading my hosting account. I don't want to do that. It would be much better if the developer just had an option to try it on say 10 images.

I bought the plugin, but probably won't end up using it now because of the risk.

I have set mine on 90% and works fine. I would agree, some test functions would be fine

We can help you to set up a testing forum so you can try the plugin. You don't need to set up a test server because a test forum can be set up on the same domain/account. Send me a PM if you are interested.

gifsicle 1.91 installed with yum is broken with this addon. No longer has the option 'lossy' since giflossy merged back into gifsicle.

Any suggestions?

MY new server doesn't allow exec so i've switched to resmush.it.

I tried a few images and they are were optimized about the same as jpegoptim so you should be seeing some reductions.

did you set the max values to 100? i target 85%

update to this, exec was just disabled via cpanel's default security rules. Still using resmushit though.

I'm seeing weird logs lately. My server time is in the same timezone as me (the data center is as well) and i checked that it's in line.

So, the red log actually happened in the future.
and the yellow log seems to be the exact same image - why was it optimized twice? is that a race-condition where 2 folks hit it at once and it's not yet optimized? but, if that was true, the time stamps would be the same.

anyone else seeing stuff like this?

The images are all working fine so its a low concern.

wierd logs.webp

update to this, exec was just disabled via cpanel's default security rules. Still using resmushit though.

I'm seeing weird logs lately. My server time is in the same timezone as me (the data center is as well) and i checked that it's in line.

So, the red log actually happened in the future.
and the yellow log seems to be the exact same image - why was it optimized twice? is that a race-condition where 2 folks hit it at once and it's not yet optimized? but, if that was true, the time stamps would be the same.

anyone else seeing stuff like this?

The images are all working fine so its a low concern.

View attachment 238626
Just to check, I'll add this to my list to check and if it is a bug I'll get it reported on our issue tracker. Thanks for the report!

I've noticed in the last few weeks, that resmush.it is no longer working - all files are coming back with 0% savings.

I attempted to enable logging to figure out what's going on, but it doesn't appear to actually be writing to any log... any ideas?

I've noticed in the last few weeks, that resmush.it is no longer working - all files are coming back with 0% savings.

I attempted to enable logging to figure out what's going on, but it doesn't appear to actually be writing to any log... any ideas?

Just did a quick check on my forum, everything seems to run ok.

images that are already optimized return 0, that's normal. It won't just repeatably shrink the image over and over till it's dead.

i'm using resmushit and it's working fine.

This is for the devs. They could consider adding it as an option. It supports a variety of file types and uses modern compression algorithms. And with webp and avif support, it is ready for when xenforo adds support for those image-feature formats... 😬

images that are already optimized return 0, that's normal. It won't just repeatably shrink the image over and over till it's dead.

i'm using resmushit and it's working fine.

Right, I'm glad it's working for you, and it used to work for me... but hundreds of images are getting submitted with not a single one showing a single byte of savings, whereas just a few weeks ago, this was not the case.

my point was that the service itself is operational. Try reloading the plugin on your site. do you have it set to run ASAP or on cron? maybe your cron is failing or timing out?

my point was that the service itself is operational. Try reloading the plugin on your site. do you have it set to run ASAP or on cron? maybe your cron is failing or timing out?

It's on cron - and that was the root of my question about logging... the logging doesn't appear to be working, so there's no real way to diagnose this without just throwing darts, which I'd prefer not to do.

Top Bottom