[TH] Ignore New Posts [Deleted]

Especially handy for those off-topic forums that can generate a lot of chatter and fill up What's New with content that isn't related to the site!

I didn't mean that. I meant "why would I ignore the new things that Waindigo comes up with?"
You know, since the title says "Ignore what's new by Waindigo"

It was a joke

Hi

what happens with old settings in the userprofile if we move one subforum to another parent forum? We are planning a little restructuring on our site and it may happen that a few subforums will change their parent forums. Even between different categories...

Hi

what happens with old settings in the userprofile if we move one subforum to another parent forum? We are planning a little restructuring on our site and it may happen that a few subforums will change their parent forums. Even between different categories...
Sub-forums are not automatically ignored recursively. This was a deliberate design decision taken to avoid this exact issue, so there shouldn't be any major issues here.

Hi

I installed this plugin and it works. The only exception is that if I check a parent forum (not a category), it does not automatically checks/unchecks the subforums of this parent forum. I thought this fature would have been included? Did I miss something or did I oversee a setting option?

Hi

I installed this plugin and it works. The only exception is that if I check a parent forum (not a category), it does not automatically checks/unchecks the subforums of this parent forum. I thought this fature would have been included? Did I miss something or did I oversee a setting option?
See the post directly above yours.

Is there a way to set which forums to ignore for all the users. They can later uncheck it if they want.

Reactions: HWS
No, I think this would need a different add-on. If there isn't one available, I could probably build one for you or add on to this one as I have built something similar for another client. Please PM me if interested.

No workie with XF 1.2. Get the following when a forum is selected for ignore.

Code:
ErrorException: Argument 3 passed to Waindigo_IgnoreWhatsNew_Model_Thread::getUnreadThreadIds() must be of the type array, integer given, called in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/test/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/FindNew.php on line 136 and defined - library/Waindigo/IgnoreWhatsNew/Model/Thread.php:19

#0 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/test/forum/library/Waindigo/IgnoreWhatsNew/Model/Thread.php(19): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 3 pass...', '/home/xxxxxxxx/...', 19, Array)
#1 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/test/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/FindNew.php(136): Waindigo_IgnoreWhatsNew_Model_Thread->getUnreadThreadIds(1, Array, 0)
#2 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/test/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/FindNew.php(24): XenForo_ControllerPublic_FindNew->findNewPosts()
#3 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/test/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(335): XenForo_ControllerPublic_FindNew->actionPosts()
#4 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/test/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/test/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(64) "http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxx.org/test/forum/index.php?find-new/posts"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["find-new/posts"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Ignoring a user is built into the core software.
To clarify, I meant to exclude the user from what's new, rather than to ignore them completely. And ideally I'd like everyone to begin by excluding our newsbot from what's new by default, possibly with the option to re-include.

Waindigo updated Ignore New Posts by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.0 released

New features:
  • Renamed and updated to work with XenForo 1.2. Although this add-on still works with XenForo 1.1 and below, you may wish to avoid upgrading if you want to keep the old terminology (although the add-on is fully phrased).
  • Added ability to remove threads created by certain users from the New Posts (or What's New in XenForo 1.1 and below) page.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom